Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is there demand for redump's Wii .dat file?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(02-21-2015, 08:46 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: [ -> ]Not necessarily because if you had the .dat files for the Wii dumps, you could have CleanRip verify the rips automatically. Smile

Never rely on cleanrip, it only validates the data that is read from the disc. It is possible for errors to creep in as that data gets written to SD/USB or when you copy the image onto your PC.
Oh damn, does it? Good to know because I've 'verified' a couple of dumps by just looking at the hash CleanRip throws up on the screen. Gotta re-check those. :-\

(02-22-2015, 05:29 AM)AleronĀ Ives Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-21-2015, 08:46 PM)karasuhebi Wrote: [ -> ]Not necessarily because if you had the .dat files for the Wii dumps, you could have CleanRip verify the rips automatically. Smile
Futhermore, it's much easier to verify your backups by running them all through a generic hashing utility at once than to check them in Dolphin one by one. Thanks for posting the database.

You're welcome. Big Grin
I made a new thread for people to more easily find the latest .dat file:
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-re...i-dat-file
Pages: 1 2