Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Memory Card Formatted for Another Market?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

LPGuy

Hi there, I'm new to this whole emulator thing, and I've got a problem. I just downloaded 4.0-5496, and have been trying to get started with Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike. I am aware that this game has had its issues from this thread, but I figured that I'd get to an optimal configuration after I got it working. Only thing is, as soon as I get past the inital loading screen, I get this message:

Quote:Memory Card Slot A:
This Memory Card
is formatted for
another market.

Any ideas? I'm running OSX Mavericks 10.9.5 on my Macbook.
Is the game NTSC (US) or PAL (Europe)? (You can find out through the flag on the ROM list) Depending on the region you should change the memory card opening "Config>Gamecube>Slot A (Memory Card)", if the game is NTSC you should browse and select "MemoryCardA.USA.raw" if it's PAL you should select "MemoryCardA.EUR.raw". It might work.

LPGuy

(02-17-2015, 04:54 AM)darkt2305 Wrote: [ -> ]Is the game NTSC (US) or PAL (Europe)? (You can find out through the flag on the ROM list) Depending on the region you should change the memory card opening "Config>Gamecube>Slot A (Memory Card)", if the game is NTSC you should browse and select "MemoryCardA.USA.raw" if it's PAL you should select "MemoryCardA.EUR.raw". It might work.

It appears to be NTSC, and I just tried that, didn't work. Thanks though. Any other ideas?
Try switching to the folder-based memory card system instead of the raw-image-based one. That should allow the game to see a variety of things exactly as it should expect with much less meddling.

LPGuy

(02-17-2015, 05:43 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]Try switching to the folder-based memory card system instead of the raw-image-based one. That should allow the game to see a variety of things exactly as it should expect with much less meddling.

I'm sorry, I'm really new at this, how do I go about doing that?
In Dolphin, Config > Gamecube > Slot A > GCI Folder

LPGuy

(02-17-2015, 06:18 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]In Dolphin, Config > Gamecube > Slot A > GCI Folder

That worked, thanks! Now I just gotta get this thing running faster, whole thing's in slo-mo. Thanks for your help!

toxicwaster

(02-17-2015, 07:08 AM)LPGuy Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-17-2015, 06:18 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]In Dolphin, Config > Gamecube > Slot A > GCI Folder

That worked, thanks! Now I just gotta get this thing running faster, whole thing's in slo-mo. Thanks for your help!

Is it running at 5fps? For some reason dolphin had the frame limit set to 5 fps on mine, lol. Change it to 50 (PAL) or 60 (NTSC). Config>General>Framelimit. You can also set it to auto.
(02-19-2015, 11:38 PM)toxicwaster Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-17-2015, 07:08 AM)LPGuy Wrote: [ -> ]

Is it running at 5fps? For some reason dolphin had the frame limit set to 5 fps on mine, lol. Change it to 50 (PAL) or 60 (NTSC). Config>General>Framelimit. You can also set it to auto.

I does that when you update from an older version if you had it set to audio.
Don't set it to a number, set it to auto
Pages: 1 2