Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Crackling Audio - Any Wii Game - Latest Dolphin release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just started using Dolphin for the first time within the past week. I have been experiencing crackling audio on most video cut scenes. A few of the games i've tried are Super Mario Galaxy and Zelda Skyward Sword -- both with the same results. The audio itself just crackles every second or two. I also seem to hear a slight echo.

I am running with the default application settings. But I have done lots of research and tried different audio modes, vbeam, disabling idle skipping, etc.

My system stats are:

Two Intel E5-2603 @ 1.8ghz
Geforce GTX 550ti
Ram: 32GB Samsung

I am looking for some help. I've tried multiple audio outputs (my TV and also my soundbar) with the same results.

I'm pretty technical but I have been a bit stuck trying to figure this out (like'y since i am new to the scene). Any suggestions are appreciated and i will try all of them Smile
A few questions because i am not sure what you mean when you say "audio mode":
Have you tried LLE?
Have you switched audio backends?
Are you using cheats?
Are you using savestates?
What version are you using?
(02-15-2015, 10:34 PM)haddockd Wrote: [ -> ]A few questions because i am not sure what you mean when you say "audio mode":
Have you tried LLE?
Have you switched audio backends?
Are you using cheats?
Are you using savestates?
What version are you using?

Yes I've tried LLE. Besides selecting the button itself in the settings is there anything else I need to do?
I've tried all audio backends and they produce the same or worse results
I am not using any cheats or savestates
I have tried versions 4.0.2, 4.0, 3.5 and 3.0 and have similar results.
Tis was an issue a long while ago and should be fixed by the latest dev builds. Try the latest build here:
https://dolphin-emu.org/download/
(02-16-2015, 01:59 AM)haddockd Wrote: [ -> ]Tis was an issue a long while ago and should be fixed by the latest dev builds. Try  the latest build here:

Will try this in an hour or so. I should also say that i notice the video stutter a bit around the same time the audio does and am wondering if its related. Thanks Haddockd. Will report back shortly!
(02-16-2015, 02:03 AM)kenjii22 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2015, 01:59 AM)haddockd Wrote: [ -> ]Tis was an issue a long while ago and should be fixed by the latest dev builds. Try  the latest build here:

Will try this in an hour or so. I should also say that i notice the video stutter a bit around the same time the audio does and am wondering if its related. Thanks Haddockd. Will report back shortly!

Tried the latest dev build and actually got worse results. Now the video and audio are stuttering. The audio is like a "deep voice" kind of stutter. Any other suggestions? i can post screenshots of my current config if needed. (Just specify which sections)
If you're not able to go full speed, the audio buffer will run out of audio and you get stuttering. Your processor probably isn't that strong in single core IPC, which means that Dolphin's CPU and GPU threads are likely not getting enough to maintain full speed.

Try using HLE audio and lowering your graphics settings to minimum.
(02-16-2015, 03:16 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]If you're not able to go full speed, the audio buffer will run out of audio and you get stuttering.  Your processor probably isn't that strong in single core IPC, which means that Dolphin's CPU and GPU threads are likely not getting enough to maintain full speed.

Try using HLE audio and lowering your graphics settings to minimum.

In regards to the graphic settings, you mean limiting the fps?

Thank you