Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Is this a decent/good laptop? Lenovo T440s (Upgraded)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

kenneth196

I'll be receiving a Lenovo T440s as my work laptop soon, but it'll have upgraded specs (mainly the processor and RAM). Just curious how it'll work out with the Dolphin (I've never played it so not too aware of what type of specs I may need). If most games will run at a decent speed, etc.

Lenovo T440s - http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thi...ies/t440s/

Processor - Intel Core i7-4600U Processor( 2.10GHz 1600MHz 4MB) (up to 3.3GHZ w/ Turbo Boost)

GPU - Intel HD 4400

RAM - 8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz

HDD - 256GB SSD

Not sure if the rest of the specs matter (I can post if anyone likes however). It'll be connected to my TV when I play so not really concerned with the display, especially since it'll be used for work anyway Tongue

What do you guys think? I also have the option for an X1 Carbon, which has an I7-5600U (which I was going to go with due to it being much slimmer, but I'm an IT Network Analyst so I'm usually in different places with my laptop, so having an integrated ethernet port rather than needing an adapter (and possibly forgetting it somewhere) is a huge pro to have the T440s), but may go with a T440s. Playing dolphin on it will be just a side thing Big Grin
As far as dolphin goes the laptop with the 5600u is the better option, so you should probably have to choose your priorities if it is just between those two. Generally using the latest dolphin dev you will get decent performance and not good, since they are both low wattage chips with integrated gpus.

kenneth196

(02-15-2015, 07:00 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]As far as dolphin goes the laptop with the 5600u is the better option, so you should probably have to choose your priorities if it is just between those two. Generally using the latest dolphin dev you will get decent performance and not good, since they are both low wattage chips with integrated gpus.

Thanks for the advice link. Yea I think I'll have to go with my priority since it's mainly for my job. I hate that both have a low TDP as you stated. Guess beggers can't be choosers.