Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: TLoZ - Skyward Sword low FPS (tried it)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

RJVegeto

When I say tried it, I mean I've been searching for quite a number of hours, using all the methods I could find. I finally gave up and just made an account to hopefully get more direct help.

To start, no I am not using the latest release, but according to everyone else, the latest release of Dolphin, for the most part, just breaks the game. I'm using 3.0-410 with the Unofficial MotionPlus plugin. Both work together fine and run, so one wouldn't think that would be a factor in low FPS (but this is an emulator, anything goes). I'm getting as low as 5 FPS and as much as 10 FPS (15 if I happen to be lucky). This includes any and all menu screans and the map. Cutscenes have sound that (obviously) play ahead of animation, except for ambient music, sounds, etc.

If I need to update, can someone please show me a download link of the Unofficial MotionPlus plugin from John Peterson that would work with it? It's the only way I've found to even be able to get past the controller connection screen, unless there is another method (prefers gamepads).

Below are screen prints of my current graphics settings that I have set up based from other threads:
(02-15-2015, 06:04 AM)RJVegeto Wrote: [ -> ]When I say tried it, I mean I've been searching for quite a number of hours, using all the methods I could find. I finally gave up and just made an account to hopefully get more direct help.

To start, no I am not using the latest release, but according to everyone else, the latest release of Dolphin, for the most part, just breaks the game. I'm using 3.0-410 with the Unofficial MotionPlus plugin. Both work together fine and run, so one wouldn't think that would be a factor in low FPS (but this is an emulator, anything goes). I'm getting as low as 5 FPS and as much as 10 FPS (15 if I happen to be lucky). This includes any and all menu screans and the map. Cutscenes have sound that (obviously) play ahead of animation, except for ambient music, sounds, etc.

If I need to update, can someone please show me a download link of the Unofficial MotionPlus plugin from John Peterson that would work with it? It's the only way I've found to even be able to get past the controller connection screen, unless there is another method (prefers gamepads).

Below are screen prints of my current graphics settings that I have set up based from other threads:

You are not going to get any help other than to buy an official wiimote, a sensor bar and bluetooth adapter and use the latest dev version. Such old versions are not supported and are slow. And you still might need to buy a new pc for proper speed. There is no easy way around those points. You have a 6-7 year old cpu, the end result will be anything but pleasant if it is slow and with painful controls that won't work as intended without a wiimote, you can try it if you want but it will be more torture and less enjoyment.