Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Last story performance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey!
its been ages since i last used dolphin. I think the last revision i tried was 2. something and played muramasa.
Ive upgraded my cpu last month and i was curious, if the last story has gained any speed since than.
Or is it even playable with my pc. Here are my specs: i5 4670k @ 3.8 ghz
                                                                                 r9 270x
                                                                                win7
If it runs better with older builds pls recommend me oneSmile Thanks!
Have a nice day!
i just realized i might have put this thread in the wrong forum pls move it if necesarry
It runs better with -newest- dev build. And yes, it does go faster with all the speedups added to the emulator.
The question is tough would it run playable on my system? otherwise i wont buy the gameTongue
It should be playable. You may need to overclock it, since it is one of the most demanding games in Dolphin. But it should be playable on the latest dev builds cause they're the faster ever.
I probably wont overclock it since i have a stock cooler and it runs pretty hot as is. I'll get the game then since i found a really good deal at a local shop.
Thanks guys!
If you use the trick to switch between efb2tex and efb2ram, then your cpu will be fast enough the game. That's a 50-100% speedup.

You can set this switching to a hotkey.
(02-15-2015, 06:36 AM)vishy92 Wrote: [ -> ]I probably wont overclock it since i have a stock cooler and it runs pretty hot as is. I'll get the game then since i found a really good deal at a local shop.
Thanks guys!
I have the same CPU, and the stock voltage was too high. When I had the stock cooler, I could overclock it to 4.1GHz, reduce voltage and maintain mostly the same temperatures as before. And that's with a bad chip that needs 1.323v for stable 4.4GHz Sad .