Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: LLE on separate thread option missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

michaeltravisuk

I'm using Dolphin 4.0-5416.

I read that I should be able to set LLE audio to run on a separate thread, which is something I'd like to do as I imagine I'd get better performance by using a third core (I'm on a quad core CPU).

I'm getting mixed performance running Star Wars Rogue Leader, I've set the config as the wiki recommends but still getting substantial speed drops in certain levels (i.e. Death Star and Hoth).

HLE is way too buggy for this game, but in the Audio config, although I'm using LLE, I don't see an option to put it on a separate thread. I can't find this config anywhere else either.

I'm using XAudio 2 as a backend (although I've tried others).

I wondered whether it had simply been removed and/or enabled by default? I've searched around for an answer to this, so apologies if the solution is well known.

Many thanks for your help.
That was eliminated long ago because it causes more issues than it solved. There are only a few games that still require LLE. Are you sure that this game doesnt like HLE? If so, than you are pretty much stuck using LLE by itself. Unless you want to go back to an ancient build that has LLE on Thread.
"LLE on thread" is now automatically on for CPUs with >2 cores for the games that actually work with it. It's forcibly off for Zelda ucode games, since they tend to break with it.
(02-14-2015, 10:12 PM)michaeltravisuk Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using Dolphin 4.0-5416.

I read that I should be able to set LLE audio to run on a separate thread, which is something I'd like to do as I imagine I'd get better performance by using a third core (I'm on a quad core CPU).

I'm getting mixed performance running Star Wars Rogue Leader, I've set the config as the wiki recommends but still getting substantial speed drops in certain levels (i.e. Death Star and Hoth).

HLE is way too buggy for this game, but in the Audio config, although I'm using LLE, I don't see an option to put it on a separate thread.  I can't find this config anywhere else either.

I'm using XAudio 2 as a backend (although I've tried others).

I wondered whether it had simply been removed and/or enabled by default?  I've searched around for an answer to this, so apologies if the solution is well known.

Many thanks for your help.

Try HLE and turn of music, it's faster and gives me 50-60 fps. Even on HOTH. Also newer builds dont work with hoth, it's freezing after cutscene

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gc...#pid359990