Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin can't detect my built in keyboard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

spivs1020

Hi, I am sort of new to this but I will try and explain this as best I can. Also i hope this is the right section.

So i started emulating gamecube with dolphin a few days ago and I've had an on and off problem. Certain times when i open and play the games i have (mario strikers, mario sunshine, paper mario), everything works fine. I have created save files hours into all of these games. Other (very random) times I have a very annoying problem of dolphin not being able to find my direct keyboard input from my laptop. Sometimes it will show up as configured and then when i refresh the device list, it goes away as cannot be re obtained. Saving and loading a profile for controls also does not work (even with the save during working controls).

A ss can be seen below
http://tinypic.com/r/2uyrwh3/8

The times it miraculously started working again were simply through a restart or the computer going to sleep over night but this does not work everytime

I am using a Dell Inspirion 5000 series, with Windows 8.1. My windows is fully updated and so was the dolphin emulator, but i feel that these cannot be the issue as I've had no issues running these games whenever the controls work. The emulations work fine, I just use any of the buttons.

I know i should be using a controller and my computer is probably too slow but i don't really care as I know I've played all these games with keyboard just fine.

I feel like this should be a dumb fix but I can't find help on these forums anywhere. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Just because it disappears doesn't mean it's not useable. Does it still work in the game?