Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Desmume or NoSGBA can be connected on dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to know,because I have been waiting for a long time to test it on Pokemon Battle Revolution,in the past it can't be possible,but now dolphin,desmume and NoSGba can emulate over 70% of the games and you can play online,dolphin have a support to link with Visual Boy Advance,but don't have support to link with DS(NoSgba and Desmume),why?there's no chance that DS/Wii Link can be emulated? Huh
No one has implemented it on either side afaict. If an emulator supported it, maybe it'd be possible? I have no idea.
From what I know of, DeSmuME doesn't support GBA games. Dolphin's GBA linking feature is being worked on. As for the DS, if you're talking about the DS download station, then it's not available anymore.
I don't think anyone really knows enough about how the DS/Wii connection works to emulate it via software. Fwiw, DS WiFi emulation is still not thoroughly understood, last time I checked. I recall someone taking another dive at it earlier last year, but until someone really goes out of their way to document that kind of stuff, I don't see this happening. Once you start breaking into DS-to-DS WiFi emulation (and understanding what the DS needs for proper wireless communications) obviously then you can start to look at the DS-Wii connection. I was hoping nocash would have made progress in this regard, but he just finished up doing a large write-up about the DSi. Maybe one of these years.
Bringing that topic up again.
If someone would trace the packages between wii an ds would it be possible that Dolphin and Desmume could implement that feature?
With Wireshark and iPerf it should be possible to document the connection.
There's no way it would be that easy. I highly doubt the packets would be that transparent.
(03-16-2016, 01:45 AM)PapermanZero Wrote: [ -> ]Bringing that topic up again.
If someone would trace the packages between wii an ds would it be possible that Dolphin and Desmume could implement that feature?
With Wireshark and iPerf it should be possible to document the connection.

Something like that would be a start, but I don't think it would exactly be enough. For info gathering and getting an overview of how the connection works, grabbing the packets somehow would be useful. I'm thinking homebrew would be the best though as opposed to something like WireShark, or at least something like hacked or modified DS ROMs (e.g. hijack the NDS7 WiFi IRQ to record results, crazy stuff like that). I dunno, just speculating really.
(03-16-2016, 04:46 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Something like that would be a start, but I don't think it would exactly be enough. For info gathering and getting an overview of how the connection works, grabbing the packets somehow would be useful. I'm thinking homebrew would be the best though as opposed to something like WireShark, or at least something like hacked or modified DS ROMs (e.g. hijack the NDS7 WiFi IRQ to record results, crazy stuff like that). I dunno, just speculating really.

Can  this be used with DS emulators to simulate Nintendo wifi network?
https://github.com/polaris-/dwc_network_server_emulator