Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: So when's the next "stable" version going to be released?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The most recent Stable version is a year and 2 months old....
This has been asked a lot lately. Annoyingly so! The answer is the same as always - it will be done when it's done.
Don't expect a new stable release at least until all these issues get fixed...
Master builds runs quite nice, they even added support for Rogue Leader/Rebel Strike Big Grin
(02-10-2015, 03:16 AM)Dan_Tsukasa Wrote: [ -> ]In the meantime you can just use the Development releases, I haven't found them to be less stable than the 'Stable' release at all. They run faster, have more options, I see no real reason not to use them honestly.

I tried the Development release and it ran worse with Crystal Bearers, and had less hacks available.
Well dont expect the next stable version to have hacks either.
(02-10-2015, 05:26 AM)IceStrike256 Wrote: [ -> ]Well dont expect the next stable version to have hacks either.

I'm talking about the useful hacks like OpenMP texture encoder and Cache display lists, which weren't in the development version I tried. These two hacks gave a great speed up to Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles the Crystal Bearers, especially during the occasional massive slowdowns to 3fps.
(02-10-2015, 05:32 AM)GoldenSun3DS Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2015, 05:26 AM)IceStrike256 Wrote: [ -> ]Well dont expect the next stable version to have hacks either.

I'm talking about the useful hacks like OpenMP texture encoder and Cache display lists, which weren't in the development version I tried. These two hacks gave a great speed up to Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles the Crystal Bearers, especially during the occasional massive slowdowns to 3fps.

I don't think you understand what the next stable release will be. It will be very similar to the development version it's based on at the time. So if the current development version is missing features like hacks from 4.0.2, they most likely will not be coming back.
Use borderless fullscreen or disable vsync in latest dev for Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles the Crystal Bearers.
(02-10-2015, 08:09 PM)Dan_Tsukasa Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2015, 05:32 AM)GoldenSun3DS Wrote: [ -> ]

It was discovered that OpenMP wasn't the best solution for speedup which is why it was removed, same with Cache Display Lists.

The newer Dolphin is more accurate, and with accuracy comes slowdown in certain games that're now emulated more correctly. I've yet to notice any games that run worse in the newer versions.

Stable versions are based on development versions, unless this problem affects several games I don't see those settings being reimplimented, but if you report a bug then perhaps the devs will checkout out and make a new hack that fixes it, as its likely to affect more than just the 1 game.

OpenMP Texture encoder gave a great speedup for the huge fps dips (to around 3FPS) in Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles the Crystal Bearers. The latest development version that I tried a week or two ago was significantly worse than the "stable" build.
Pages: 1 2