Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Exiting Dolphin crashes Big Picture mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I couldn't find any info on this, so sorry if it's been posted before. I'm wanting to play my Dolphin games in Steam Big Picture, which I added using this Target I found from another thread: "D:\Program Files\Dolphin-x64\Dolphin.exe" /e "D:\Users\Corey\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Games\Legend of Zelda, The - Collector's Edition.gcz" /b

However, half the time I force exit a Dolphin game, Steam crashes on me. Is there any way around this?
Another issue, although not as major, is the fps tanks when I use the steam overlay.
What build are you using?

Have you tried switching the graphics backend?
(02-09-2015, 12:42 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]What build are you using?

Have you tried switching the graphics backend?

4.0-5390

Switching the backend to Direct3D seems to have fixed it, thank you!
I was keeping it on OpenGL cause I heard it's better than Direct3D for Nvidia cards. Is that still true or are they about even now?
Depends on the game, but OpenGL is usually better on Nvidia. What driver version are you on?
(02-10-2015, 04:34 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Depends on the game, but OpenGL is usually better on Nvidia. What driver version are you on?

Using GeForce GTX 760, Driver version: 347.25
I'm also using Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit.
Weird.......
If you want you could always do a clean driver install, but if D3D works fine, then I wouldn't bother.