Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Cannot for the life exit Dolphin emulator.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

utking

Hi all!

First i have to say thanks for an amazing emulator!

I have everything set up almost the way i want, the emulator works perfectly, no lag at all, sound is perfect, and the xbox360 controller works great with rumble!

This is all set up trough advanced launcher in kodi (former XBMC). i can launch games here with the dolphin-emu-nogui, and it launches in fullscreen perfectly.

But i cannot seem to exit the emulator! no matter what key i press. I have tried settings, ini files, and i'm about to rip my hair out :p
The only way i can quit the game is by using killall -9 dolphin trough ssh.

when i try to use the escape button, it just pauses the game, and a cursor shows up. If i press Esc again, it continues playing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Oh, alt+return minimizes the window, but alt+f4 doesn't work.

the version i'm using is 4.0-5416 on Openelec 5.1. 64bit intel i5 processor.
What happens if you hit Escape and then enter?

utking

(02-08-2015, 10:57 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]What happens if you hit Escape and then enter?

Nothing at all:/ pressing ESC again just unpauses the game. I've tried pressing space too .

Edit: Stopping the game seems to work with dolphin-emu, but not dolphin-emu-nogui.

What could this be?

utking

I might have a way around this problem. The -nogui is still bugged, but if i use the dolphin-emu i can get hotkeys to work.

However, now i have a problem with a dialog popping up with: The selected language is not supported by this system, falling back to system defaults.

The games run correctly, and i'm able to exit using my hotkey assigned. But in order to bypass this dialog, i have to bring forth my keyboad, plug it in, and

press enter to start the game. Is there any way to bypass this? i've tried to edit the language in settings to no avail.

Also the Locales folder, where is this supposed to be? in Openelec the root filesystem is read only, so i can't put it in /usr.

Thx for all help again! Smile