Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Looking for a Lag Dolphin Emulator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now this may sound strange, but sometimes, lagging is a good thing. It allows you to see more of a certain animation, such as in Pokemon Battle Revolution

For example, when using the early versions of Dolphin 4.0 Emulator with PBR, and setting the framerate on Auto/None, while using Dual Core (no Idle skipping), and setting the Internal Resolution to highest level, the Anti-Aliasing to highest level, and the Anisotropic Filtering to highest level, ticking on the Force Texture Filtering, the Pixel Per Lighting, the Scaled EFB Copy, Setting the EFB Copy to Textures, Setting the Texture Cache to safe, and unticking any speed up enhancements, when the pokemon attack, faint, or anything that involves a screen change, there will be a delay in the screen change, allowing the animation to complete, and perhaps, more than enough to complete the animation.

This only happens right before a camera position change in some wii games. The only downside to this is the framerate is horrible and choppy, and when you attempt dumping frames, you can tell that it is choppy because there is frame skipping by a large margin.

My question is... is there a lower revision (Dolphin 0.0, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0) or higber revision that has this delay-time feature without having the skipping of the frames? What I mean is, dolphin emulator that can run fully and smoothly, but has this camera shift delay time lag feature, but can run smoothly with all frames included, even while recording?

If not, can you implement this feature? I found this feature in version 4.0.4137, with the 64 bit. I also found it in the 4.0 standard version.
You can always try to limit the framerate right?
(02-07-2015, 03:53 AM)haddockd Wrote: [ -> ]You can always try to limit the framerate right?

When I do limit the framerate, the dolphin doesn't have the lag...

(02-07-2015, 03:13 AM)degasus Wrote: [ -> ]http://xkcd.com/1172 ....

I don't get it... :/
degasus is saying that Dolphin has made great strides to be at full playability and limit lag. Your request for lag means Dolphin would have to go backwards. Well, that and he/she thinks your request is not a good idea Smile
Actually theres one simple feature that does exactly what you asked by underclocking the emulated cpu, which will provide a very smooth slowdown (unlike the "stuttering lag" your aiming to achieve by tweaking the settings). It's called "CPU Clock Override", which is a feature you can find under "config" and "Advanced". This feature is not available under stable builds yet, so you'll need to use the latest developer build to find the option.

Also, as the warnings say, don't be too surprised if overriding the emulated cpu clock may slightly increase chances of the emulator/game crashes. Also, if you do choose to try this feature out, don't forget to undo your "lag setting tweaks" to ensure it provides a smooth slowdown.