Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: HP Pavilion 15 noteook PC quesetions....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been running Dolphin 4.0.2 the last week here, playing Twilight Princess, After tweaking the settings the best I could after watching and reading countless posts and youtube video's, mainly old ones, I was playing with an average of 11-13 or so FPS, lol which i think is pretty low. Either way it's worked for me, been at it for a solid 12 hours now finally get to Hyrule Field part of the game, and im literally down to 5 or so FPS lol.

I just have the laptop I bought last summer, so im running a  AMD A10-4655M 2.0 GHZ 4 core, with a ATI/AMD Radeon HD 7620G, 800gig HD, 8gigs of DDr3 SD ram.
I'm just copying info from a utility spec program.

So does this sound like a decent setup its a fairly new laptop, should I be getting a much better performance out of Dolphin 4.0.2?
Or if any one has any question or certain configurations that they know work for this sort of a computer lemme know, im willing to try anything, or supply any more information.

Also curious to try a different new beta build, but I don't want to loose my saved game, if there's a easy way to save my game state and uninstall 4.0.2 then install a diff build then transfer my game over to test different settings i would love to try, and share my results with you all.

Lastly, I read every where that every one has problems with these Retro Link GameCube knock off controllers lol, I bought ordered mine before I researched it, but I have had ZERO problems with this controller working with Dolphin 4.0.2. Playing 12 hours hard every button works, was easy to set up and configure. So not sure if that was fixed in 4.0.2 or maybe retro link started building better quality controllers LOL..
Your laptop is weak . You should avoid all mobile APU at all cost
Desktop APU is ok for Dolphin , Mobile APU is not !!!
Dolphin 4.0.2 is terribly slow and outdated , you should download the latest version
https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/faq/#my-lap...-it-should
Alright sounds good man thanks for being honest lol.

Tried the newest build 4.0-5414

tweaked the settings around trial and error, got the game to run a few frames faster lol, but the audio is completely garbled, couldn't figured that out. Gonna keep playing around with previous builds thanks for the link tho, not to comfortable playing around with the cpu and over clocking or potentially damaging or over heating anything lol, maybe ill try buying a better power supply first.

editted, actually gave throttlestop a try, but my cpu is not supported lol, trying to find a replacement program
Just wanted to say if any one else is having problems with Twilight Princess, I found a sweet fix , that works for me anyways, and this is just on my laptop.

Downloaded Dolphin 4.0.4889, right click the game go to properties, than patches, and enable the Hyrule Field Speed Hack...
I am getting average 15 FPS in Hyrule now... I was never getting that good to begin with lol... So i can just imagine how silky smooth it will run in other areas... been up all night testing versions, its 6am time for sleep, ill post back tomorrow if its still running smooth or not.
Yeah, we had an article somewhere around here on the new TP speed hack.

Have you tried switching over to the D3D backend?
Lemme know if you find a link for that article and yea all I have ever used was Direct3D.
Interesting link, maybe i will try build 4.0-1767, altho it says, the ZTP hack was removed from that version?, yet im using 4.0-4889 and its still an option which has helped me continue playing the game lol.

The sound was working yesterday, today the sound is still playable but noticeable static and fuuzz as if it was being played from a blown speaker lol.
Gonna have to try a few new builds here. Almost done the game so I suppose this is all useless talk now lol, on to the next.
The old hack was removed, the new patch was inserted.