Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Menu Reloaded Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*Sorry if the title sounded misleading Tongue*

Hello friends,

I have been a dolphin user for a long time, and I have always loved the emulator, since its Mac OS X builds. But at the same time, I believe that a change is needed in a specific area for the Dolphin Emulator, The MENU.

[attachment=13083]

The thing is, I'm pretty sure the menu has always stayed the same except maybe a few changes. I think the Dolphin Team should change it to make it look much better; neater. If I could I would make a mockup, but I cannot right now. When I say neater, I'm talking about something like PPSSPP's Main Menu screen {BELOW}. I don't want Dolphin Menu to look like that, but it should feel that way.

[attachment=13084]

[attachment=13085]

I hope that people will read this post, and the Dolphin Team will think about the idea.

Thank you,

CEOofApple
Well Mr Cook, the developers do know this, I think neobrain did some work on it and there are plans but they are focusing on PR's to improve performance and getting things stable.
Apart from a move to Qt from wxWidgets no change as drastic as the one proposed in the first post in the interface is planned as far as i know. Still that's an interesting nickname to pick, couldn't help myself not noticing this one though: http://prntscr.com/61lgb9  Big Grin .
(02-06-2015, 11:09 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]Apart from a move to Qt from wxWidgets no change as drastic as the one proposed in the first post in the interface is planned as far as i know. Still that's an interesting nickname to pick, couldn't help myself not noticing this one though: http://prntscr.com/61lgb9  Big Grin .

Haha. lol, Check now, I updated my website and birthdate.
Yeah, eventually the Qt GUI will be as good as the WxWidgets GUI, and will eventually replace it. It won't be a super big change, but you will be able to use grid view for all your games.
Title is misleading so I changed it a bit.

As promising as the title sounded, this is just a feature request which you could've (and should've) posted in the feature request thread.
If you can, make that mockup as that will motivate people to give you feedback on it and if it's good it could be implemented by someone.
(02-06-2015, 09:46 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Title is misleading so I changed it a bit.

As promising as the title sounded, this is just a feature request which you could've (and should've) posted in the feature request thread.
If you can, make that mockup as that will motivate people to give you feedback on it and if it's good it could be implemented by someone.

Yeah, I will make the mockup. Also, sorry for not putting this in the feature request thread.