Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Big heads up regarding game ini files for first time Dolphin users!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have you ever wondered why some of your games may seem broken or work bad altogether?
Well it could be that the game ini files from the downloaded Dolphin build package is badly configured and may contain numerous errors.

Granted there is hundreds of games and the developers can't keep up with every game ini, you may find it worthwhile to take a look at your game ini files and see if everything is up to date and correct.

For example I have noticed that many of the games have duplicates of attributes for example, values missing etc. etc.

Did you know that the GameSettings folder in Sys contains thousands of game ini files? Well you only need the ones for your games anyway so I usually delete the rest.

I strongly recommend anyone new to the emulator to review the game inis for the games you have and configure them properly, that way you save a lot of trouble and unnecessary errors and crashes that may occur because of a badly configured game ini.

This thread below is a valuable one for anyone interested in perfecting their game ini files, trust me if you put effort and a couple of hours depending on how many games you have into the game inis you will notice the end result quite well.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...s-per-game

Remember, a clean well configured game ini is gold worth!
If you have issues with game .ini files, please report them. If you report issues, they can be fixed, for everybody.
(02-03-2015, 11:47 PM)mimimi Wrote: [ -> ]If you have issues with game .ini files, please report them. If you report issues, they can be fixed, for everybody.

All I can say is that there is tons of issues with the game inis and it would require a whole team to fix them all.

While using the latest development build is recommended sometimes that's not enough, people need to study the game ini files more to see what I'm talking about.

I have spent many hours to perfect my game inis for the games I have and it have paid off.
What mimimi said.
If you want to contribute useful stuff, point out errors on our bug tracker.

If you just want FUD, then please go away.
The point of shipping game-specific INIs with dolphin is precisely to avoid the user the hassle of creating them and going on the wiki to see which settings needs to be tweaked to get it to work.

If you have issues with the game INIs shipped, make a bug report and/or a pull request on github.

Deleting the files shipped or needlessly tweaking them is exactly something a user should NOT do (or have to do).
Link_to_the_past have made a thread about configuring game ini files and he get praised for it.
You people say that it's a bad thing to do and flame me for it for recommending to clean up the mess in the game ini files.

TO ALL ADMINS/MODERATORS:

I OFFICIALLY WANT TO BE PERMA BANNED FROM THIS PLACE!
K. Will do
This thread is useless btw.

Closed.