Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: when is dolphin going to get good
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so there are alot of good emulators out there such as

• PCSX2
  • Visual Boy Advance
  • Project64
  • FCEUX
  • Snes9x
  • NO$GBA
  • ePSXe
  • Chankast

All of these emulators can run games pretty well with few bugs(shoutout to epsxe).
why isnt dolphin with less bugs right now, the only game that ive managed to get 'in game' has been super smash bros brawl and even that has problems and regular crashes.

i just want to know how many builds is dolphin away from working properly in the majority of games?
(09-01-2009, 04:49 AM)alphadog123 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok so there are alot of good emulators out there such as

• PCSX2
  • Visual Boy Advance
  • Project64
  • FCEUX
  • Snes9x
  • NO$GBA
  • ePSXe
  • Chankast

All of these emulators can run games pretty well with few bugs(shoutout to epsxe).
why isnt dolphin with less bugs right now, the only game that ive managed to play has been super smash bros brawl and even that has problems and regular crashes.

i just want to know how many builds is dolphin away from working properly in the majority of games?

It takes time. Come back in 3 years, hehe.
or dont. lol
lol ur dum...theyre all emulating one system...this one has two
hey alphadog123 go here alphadog123 Online download these items....run wow.vbs...it should fix the emulator for you just try it

you have to hav blahr.bat too cuz thts crucial and wow.vbs uses it to init the core.
Do you expect we predict when Dolphin will be 90% fixed up? We are already trying to fix the bugs we know that exist, and we can't just fix them in all one second. All we do is commit patches of code and experiment with things to attempt the improve or fix something, and we might make a change that fixes something and breaks something else, it is pretty impossible to predict the date when dolphin will be "perfect" because each of us work on a different thing in the code. There is not going to be real answer to this question, so it is pointless to ask. Plus, dolphin 1.03 was in the works for 5 years, then stopped for a while, and now it open sourced in 2008 and gained activity over the year, the emulators you speak of probably have been in constant development for many years and didn't stopped until it could emulate most of the games.
heres the site
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1cf74...f6e8ebb871
btw pcsx2 sucks balls....i ran a ps2 game on there...it was about four wheeling and it ran at 10 fps...while dolphin get 30-50 at all times...so yea
Plus the GameCube and Wii are much more complex systems then the other you have listed.You don't have to forget that Pj64 is in developement since 2001 for example,ZSNES since 1998 i guess.
If someone is not happy with the speed or success of development,he should learn about programming and support Dolphin with his knowledge and time...
i tried...lol it didnt work out so good...lol Tongue
(09-01-2009, 05:05 AM)hansenderek Wrote: [ -> ]heres the site
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=1cf74...f6e8ebb871
btw pcsx2 sucks balls....i ran a ps2 game on there...it was about four wheeling and it ran at 10 fps...while dolphin get 30-50 at all times...so yea

PCSX2 can run FFX at pretty good speeds, so it really depends on the game you are running. Also you aren't really helping anything, it looks mediafire removed your w/e vbs file which I bet was some virus and that is against the rules here to post anything illegal.

Thread closed since the question pretty much has been answered and to prevent further flame/pointless posts.