Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can my laptop lenovo y480 run these or what's a better setting?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Processor:Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz (Quad Core)
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GT 640M LE also Intel HD Graphics 4000
Ram: 8GB DDR3
Windows 7, 64 bit

So i'm currently using Dolphin 4.0.2, the latest stable build. I also downloaded the latest development build but I haven't really touched it much. I just downloaded 3.5 (someone said it runs the smoothest...is this true?) I'm wondering if I should stick with 4.02 to play these following games:

Xenoblade Chronicles
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Resident evil 1 and zero
Super Smash Bros

Most of these games seem to run smoothly, with the occaisonal slowdowns. Galaxy 2 gets the worst of it. I try to play with auto window and enhanced scaling for the other games, but when I experience slowdowns I use the first native resolution.

So is my laptop fit to capably play these games smoothly, or do I need to tinker with some stuff like, use the latest developed build? or stick with dolphin 3.5 (may need to transfer saves) or use the Graphics card over the video card.
The latest dev build is obviously the best option since most of the games don´t need LLE audio anymore (say hello to SMG full speed!) and are more optimized; they are less buggy.
So essentially go download dolphin build 4.0-5396 and try it out?
So it seems like the newer build does run the games better! However, I get a black screen when I go to a stage in Super Mario Galaxy 2 now
Which settings do you have set in the Graphics menu? (You can post screenshots of them here).
On build 4.0.2 which I use to play the game and where I don't run into the black screen issues. I have that game on Direct3D11, Intel HD Graphics, 1x Native resolution, DSP LLE Recomplier and I believe i put the Audio Backend to OpenAL.

For the other games on that same build it's the same but i Use DSP HLE Emulation fast, and XAudio2. (and use native or auto-window resolution)

For the latest build I haven't really played with it much, but noticed that the screen went black for both settings from the previous build.
I was actually referring to the latest dev build; not 4.0.2. Make sure you have latest GPU drivers (both from NVidia and Intel).
Yea i meant for the latest build I tried both settings that I did on the 4.0.2. it seems to run other games great so far, but I just got the black screen from Super Mario Galaxy 2. I will update my drivers for sure.
It could also be that your game´s dump is corrupt. 4.0.2 is less accurate at this point so it "doesn´t mind" and boot the game anyways, but that´s not how it goes on latest dev.

In that case you would have to redump it.