Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: AMD Radeon R5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

tetriser016

On January 2nd, I've bought a new HP 13 notebook with AMD A8 CPU and AMD Radeon R5 GPU.

I have played Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart: Double Dash and Kirby Air Ride (taken from my old netbook except Luigi's Mansion and Pikmin 2), and here's what I observed from Dolphin 4.0.2:

Smile Super Mario Sunshine - about 15-45 FPS
Huh Mario Kart: Double Dash (removed from my PC) - about 15 FPS in-game
Big Grin Kirby Air Ride - about 60 FPS in-game

Based from my observation, it seems that only Kirby Air Ride is fast enough on my PC. There's another games that I want to test but my current Internet connection is massively slow.

The question is, can I really play GameCube and Wii games on my current PC? Confused
Depends on how what you see as playable. Although, your using 4.0.2 which may be the newest stable build, is far behind when it comes to performance. Go to the downloads section and download the newest build(at the time of posting is 4.0-5396). You will get a decent speed up. Make sure your laptop is set to high performance mode. Some laptops run better when plugged into an outlet. Also make sure your drivers are updated. Try that and post back with results. Remember that your laptop is a laptop and Dolphin is an application that runs best on the latest and greatest intel cpus. What I've said will help but in reality your hardware will limit it for a majority of games. I'd recommend sticking to non-demanding games(TLOZ Wind Waker, NSMB Wii, etc).