Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How do you use projection hacks in the latest Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Jocosity

From reading around it seems like the menu option to activate them was removed, so is it just impossible now? I'm trying to play Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles, but the lighting is extremely bright. Everywhere online seems to recommend using the Bleach Versus Crusade projection hack to fix it (or use EFB to RAM, which causes the game to slow down constantly for me), but I can't find any way to actually do that in the latest Dolphin. Is it possible?
no,they remove the hacks so they can focus in fix these errors instead of using hacks
just like the sonic colors hack they remove to be fixed and actually was fixed
you need to run efb to ram or wait this error to be fixed in newer builds
but this game i think the only way to play correct is used efb to ram
because is very necessary in some games to play correct graphics
but might be fixed in efb to tex in the future

Jocosity

So should I just download an old version of Dolphin and use that instead, then? It seems counter-productive to remove features that games still need to be playable before the fix that makes them unnecessary is actually made, though I'm guessing there's more to it than that. I'd rather have a game that might not be "correct" and missing a few effects than a game that stutters every 20 seconds or so.
You can use projection hacks by putting them in the game ini, iirc