Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin running out of memory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For whatever reason dolphin doesn't seem to be giving itself enough memory to run... During certain games when it starts to use too much memory a window comes up saying this and to close it to prevent data loss. If dolphin's memory uses goes past it's commit size then it will freeze :/
It would seem that dolphin can't use more than 2gb of ram unfortunately. 
[Image: O45MMH7.png]

Is there a way to manually increase the process' commit size? I have 8gb of ram and plenty free but dolphin isn't taking as much as it needs.
Dolphin -shouldn´t- be using over 2GB of RAM, something must be going wrong.
I've never seen it use past about 900mb. I'm not really sure why that error message says 2gb, I've never seen it take up near that much.
My guess is that a vertex loader is ending up with an address of over 0x80000000. This could probably be fixed by pre-allocating space for the vertex loaders like is done with the JIT.
I had this and mentioned it in the random thread. Someone tracked it down to a single line which the error was occurring at, but didn't know what the error actually was. I thought they'd passed this up the chain to the people that actually know how things work.

Qaazavaca Qaanic

I didn't track it down to the one line of code the error occurred at, I found the line that printed the error when it detected it. In other words, useless.
Ah...