Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How to find Filename
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

guyinco6nito

Hello,

I set Dolphin to browse a directory, but I cannot figure out how to view the filename of certain entries.
I've tried viewing the details of certain files, and I can open the folder in explorer, but I can't figure out how to connect one entry to a specific filename.

Have I missed some obvious way to connecting an entry in Dolphin's list with a specific file?

Thanks much!
-guyinco6nito
I have no idea what you are saying. If you are trying to run a game via the command line try this:

Dolphin.exe -e "path to iso file"

guyinco6nito

Hi,

Sorry, I explained poorly.

I dumped a lot of my games, but didn't take care with the filenames, so some are just numbers. When I browse that directory in Dolphin it gets the banner image and the actual name of the game. I want to find out which games in the Dolphin list correspond to what files. I can tell Dolphin to browse a directory, and it brings up a big list of games, but I don't know how to find out which one is which file.

I'm looking for something is Dolphin that says: Show me the filename of this game in the list.

But I cannot find it, do you know if it exists anywhere?
Thanks,
-guyinco6nito
Well, when you boot a game in windowned mode, Dolphin shows the filename of the game you selected in the bottom of the window (the main window).

guyinco6nito

Sorry to say I cannot see the filename in the bottom of the main window.
I'm running Dolphin 4.0.5410 on Windows 7 64bit.

I suppose I posted because I find it strange that if I right click on one of the games on my list and go into Properties, I can calculate the checksum of the file, but nowhere does it say what the filename and path of the game are.

Would this be a better feature request?
Thanks,
-guyinco6nito
Right click the game in the list and go to properties. The title bar of that window will have the file name...

guyinco6nito

Bingo! Thank you kindly, that does the trick.
I always forget that useful information can be in the title bar :-)

Have good ones all,
-guyinco6nito