Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: question.. amd apu
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so, just a quick question. i got this laptop with 4gb ram and an AMD A6-5200 APU. Would it be suffucient to run dolphin with regular non-enhanced settings on either opengl or direct3d. (linux vs windows)

ive thought about putting a hard drive in it for this purpose and using it just to play gamecube games.
Your X2 940 Phenom will play Dolphin way better than that laptop ever can.
@KHg8m3r: There´s no such thing as a "Phenom II X2 940": http://cpuboss.com/cpus/AMD-Phenom-II-X4...MD-A6-5200

But there is the X4 which has that model number.
Yes, that is what I meant, thanks Tongue (it's in Nfaug's profile)
(01-27-2015, 02:12 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, that is what I meant, thanks Tongue (it's in Nfaug's profile)

i currently got my pc dissconected and in under the table. im not going to be playing dolphin anytime soon since its CPU and not GPU intensive, i cant upgrade my CPU, but i can upgrade my GPU.
(01-27-2015, 11:21 PM)Nfaug Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-27-2015, 02:12 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, that is what I meant, thanks Tongue (it's in Nfaug's profile)

i currently got my pc dissconected and in under the table.  im not going to be playing dolphin anytime soon since its CPU and not GPU intensive, i cant upgrade my CPU, but i can upgrade my GPU.

Why not keep saving money for a new CPU? (If you´re short in budget, the G3258 + ASRock Z97 is a good way to go). 
(01-27-2015, 10:16 AM)Nfaug Wrote: [ -> ]so, just a quick question.  i got this laptop with 4gb ram and an AMD A6-5200 APU.  Would it be suffucient to run dolphin with regular non-enhanced settings on either opengl or direct3d.   (linux vs windows)

its gonna lagg a lot...

but try some lightweight games and please tell us how they run, i havent being able to test these apus...