Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Strange behavior with my PC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Crucius

Hi

Recently i bought a new PC

FX6300- 6 cores 3.5Ghz
GTX 750
8GB DRR3
Windows 7 64 bits

and i try to emulate Wii and GC with Dolphin 4.0, the thing is i can't run at all some games, i can run Starfox Assault at 60FPS but i can't others games like pokemon coloseum, when i play pokemon coloseum the FPS drop to 3X but the VPS go all crazy and go up from 60 to 110
[Image: mohyd8D.png]

Wii games are the same, i can play muramasa 60FPS without problem at all or the legend of zelda twilight princess at 30FPS but i can't run Fragile Dreams or Sonic Colours

i heard AMD processors are bad with Dolphin but i think mine is good enough to at least handle well GC games and some Wii games but at this moment it makes no sense which games can i play and which no
Use the latest development version then come back and report your FPS.

Crucius

I tried the last development version and works great, all GC games at max speed and a huge improve over wii games
Yup. Usually updating to the latest Dev build fixes FPS issues. If you have and FPS drops that happen on the Wii also I would recommend using the overclock feature in the settings.
Or overclock your CPU.
If it happens in the Wii it won't help at all other then making the frame time drop I guess.

Crucius

Thaks for the help guys, i tried the OC option and games work better but i rather don't OC my CPU i don't feel confortable at all. Anyway now Dolphin works as is suposed to
OC option doesn't OC your CPU. It OC's the emulated CPU. It's perfectly safe for your actual CPU. Tongue