Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The reset function is not working while playing Wii games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry about the last thread.
Here are some details.
For GameCube games it works file but on Wii game,using Emulation=>Reset or the hotkey set for Reset,does nothing.

I'm on Win7 x64 and I'm using Dolphin r4971 but it's the same on the latest rev.
Using Home button(that brings the Wii menu)=>Reset works but not Emulation=>Reset nor the hotkey set for Reset
As far as I know, Emulation=>Reset should work only with GameCube games. For Wii games, you press Home and then choose Reset. As I read somewhere else, this option isn't a hard-reset (like Dolphin stopping and booting the game again), it's a soft-reset (tell the emulated game to reset), this may explain why Wii games doesn't work.

Also, 4.0-4971 != r4971. Dolphin r4971 is a veeeeeeeery old build (from SVN days), you're using Dolphin 4.0-4971...
You can still hit the button on the Wii to reset Wii games. Sounds like a bug to me.
Sounds a bit weird though, the hardware button functions identically on both so if it registers properly for gamecube...
Could be a bug, but it could also be that they missed this altogether.

EDIT: Nope doesn't work at all, GameCube works though.
I think it is because we don't register the hooks for STM_EVENT_RESET and STM_EVENT_POWER.
Similarly some nes games won't save if you just stop the game, the callbacks for reset and power are not run
Ah yeah, they stopped paying attention to the reset button hardware interrupt and relied on IOS instead.