Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What options can make dolphin to run as fast as possible?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Regardless of how less accurate or buggy it will become.
Grab the latest dev build (4.0-5283 as of writing) from here: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/
Umm,I have more than 3x on any game I tried but I was wondering if I can make it even faster with some settings and I am using betas(not the latest but close to it)
Oh, you're trying to get the max speed possible, bugs/breaks/glitches included with that? Try enabling the V-beam speed hack if it's still around (right click game, go to properties).
Hmm,this makes the game to constantly run at 200% and I can get higher speed when I hold the key for "Toggle Frame Limit".

But if I disable the option(half enabled like it was before)and use the key for "Toggle Frame Limit",I get the same speed as above.
So, does that answer what you wanted to do? (I'm not totally following why/what you're up to here)
I just want to speed up the game.
For example if I start a new game in ToS2,there is a really long cut scene before I can actually play and I was wondering if there is a way to speed up the emulator.

As for the suggestion,I don't get more speed that when the option is not enabled and I disable the fps limit.
During that scene,the game runs between 150-400%

I'm searching for options that when enabled,it will make the game run even faster
Besides using TAB, unlocked frame limit, and v-beam, you would need to overlock (but you can't).
Try a program called throttlestop to put your CPU in sustained Turbo boost and see what it does.
- Disable CPU->EFB Access (in the graphics settings)
- Underclock the virtual CPU (Options -> "Advanced" tab -> CPU Clock Override)
- Use frame skipping (select any value from 1 to 10 from the menu)