Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin crashes on game launch, but works first time
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I wanted to play Twilight princess on my mac, so I downloaded dolphin (I have used it previously and played twilight princess on it).  I launched the game and it started up normally when I realized I didn't configure my controls.  I closed the game and configured my controls.  When I went to launch the game again, dolphin completely crashed.  I tried launching a few more times with the same result.  I eventually decided to do a full reinstall of dolphin AND the rom, so I deleted everything, even the hidden dolphin files, and tried again, but to no avail.  I have posted my crash log here, I am not sure if it is enough, so tell me what else I need to add to my info.  Also, I don't know how/if I can make dropdown menus for logs and such, so if you know, please tell me.  Also, after I reinstalled dolphin, I no longer get crash logs, but I can try to find one that may be hidden.

Process:         Dolphin [3948]

Path:            /Users/USER/Desktop/Dolphin.app/Contents/MacOS/Dolphin
Identifier:      org.dolphin-emu.dolphin
Version:         4.0-5222 (4.0)
Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [193]
Responsible:     Dolphin [3948]
User ID:         501

Date/Time:       2015-01-21 18:47:04.478 -0500
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.9.5 (13F34)
Report Version:  11
Anonymous UUID:  5B7B1389-7FCF-449F-59CE-738CFEAD3B44

Sleep/Wake UUID: 4EC5A741-ABE8-4C7A-BE17-6F5E3CBDF4FA

Crashed Thread:  9  Emuthread - Starting

Exception Type:  EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
abort() called
terminating with uncaught exception of type std::bad_alloc: std::bad_alloc
skid_au pushed a broken patch that broke every platform(except Windows apparently?)
He's working on fixing it.
In Dolphin.ini, can you try changing the four lines starting with SIDeviceX to 0 ?

SIDevice0 = 0
SIDevice1 = 0
SIDevice2 = 0
SIDevice3 = 0

and reconfiguring Dolphin again?
(01-22-2015, 10:27 AM)Sonicadvance1 Wrote: [ -> ]skid_au pushed a broken patch that broke every platform(except Windows apparently?)
He's working on fixing it.

ok I'll wait for that until I try again.
The last thing that skidau pushed was the GC keyboard support. Are you talking about that?

Milocricket: look into upgrading to OSX 10.10 from your current 10.9. It's free, and comes with better graphics drivers.
(01-22-2015, 10:53 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]The last thing that skidau pushed was the GC keyboard support. Are you talking about that?

Milocricket: look into upgrading to OSX 10.10 from your current 10.9. It's free, and comes with better graphics drivers.

I can't stand yosemite, I had it for a while, but it was the worst OSX I have had.  A lot of my programs weren't supported, the expand button was removed, and a number of other changes I don't like.  Until they have a way to change stuff like the expand button, I won't get that update.   

But anyways, I just got the latest development release, and the game worked the first time, but after I tried to relaunch it, it wouldn't work.
(01-22-2015, 10:28 AM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]In Dolphin.ini, can you try changing the four lines starting with SIDeviceX to 0 ?

SIDevice0 = 0
SIDevice1 = 0
SIDevice2 = 0
SIDevice3 = 0

and reconfiguring Dolphin again?

I changed it to what you said, I'll try launching the game again. UPDATE: Did not work.
(01-22-2015, 11:12 AM)milocricket Wrote: [ -> ]I changed it to what you said, I'll try launching the game again.   UPDATE: Did not work.

Would you please upload your Dolphin.ini and GCPadNew.ini for me to look at?
(01-22-2015, 11:19 AM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2015, 11:12 AM)milocricket Wrote: [ -> ]I changed it to what you said, I'll try launching the game again.   UPDATE: Did not work.

Would you please upload your Dolphin.ini and GCPadNew.ini for me to look at?

I just tried, but the site wouldn't let me upload it.  Should I compress it first?     EDIT: I zipped it and it worked, both files are in it.
I found a crash log, I've attached it in a txt file.
Pages: 1 2