Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: New developer update fixes Metroid Prime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd say it's almost 97% full speed. Before the map would have SO much lag, now it still does when going from the map to the overworld map, but just looking through the regular map there's almost no lag. Full screen there's almost zero lag except when entering-leaving water. There is minor audio glitches that occur maaaaaaaybe once every 30 minutes or so, they're quite random and last for only a second. 

I'm really happy with the new updates, this is awesome! 

ver. 4.0.5190 x64

EDIT: After much testing, the map actually does still lag. it seems the update only provided a small speed boost in certain areas. Also, getting a few overflow errors, primarily in the ice caves with heavy areas or a lot of water.
Before looking up at the rain and getting the droplets on screen would cause instant performance drops. Now I am able to get a constant 60 fps no problem with the latest dev builds. Awesome work to this team. Really it blows my mind what they're doing. I hope they are making some money in the process for their hard work.
(01-23-2015, 10:41 AM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]Before looking up at the rain and getting the droplets on screen would cause instant performance drops. Now I am able to get a constant 60 fps no problem with the latest dev builds. Awesome work to this team. Really it blows my mind what they're doing. I hope they are making some money in the process for their hard work.

it's true, the only time the droplets lag is when fighting ridley, I think there's just too much to handle till he knocks down the artifact monoliths. The only real issue with it I have with both prime and prime 2: echoes is the map, for some reason on older emulators the map doesn't lag while other on-screen things do (or were just generally slow) and now it seems to be reversed. I also notice a terrible audio...desync and garbage? I can show the devs on stream if they're interested in seeing it, maybe it can shed some light on what is going on behind the scenes to make it do that. 
(01-23-2015, 11:33 AM)Rageypoo Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-23-2015, 10:41 AM)DaRkL3AD3R Wrote: [ -> ]Before looking up at the rain and getting the droplets on screen would cause instant performance drops. Now I am able to get a constant 60 fps no problem with the latest dev builds. Awesome work to this team. Really it blows my mind what they're doing. I hope they are making some money in the process for their hard work.

it's true, the only time the droplets lag is when fighting ridley, I think there's just too much to handle till he knocks down the artifact monoliths. The only real issue with it I have with both prime and prime 2: echoes is the map, for some reason on older emulators the map doesn't lag while other on-screen things do (or were just generally slow) and now it seems to be reversed. I also notice a terrible audio...desync and garbage? I can show the devs on stream if they're interested in seeing it, maybe it can shed some light on what is going on behind the scenes to make it do that. 

Do tell me what you are doing to not get numerous GFX FIFO crashes on Metroid Prime 2 Echoes on latest dev builds.
No matter what I choose as backend I get a GFX FIFO crash fest.

My rig:

Windows 8.1 Professional x64 with Update 3
i7 3770K @ 3.5GHz
ASUS AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB
16GB RAM
So far not a single crash on metroid prime 2. *fingers crossed*
(01-25-2015, 06:17 PM)Rageypoo Wrote: [ -> ]So far not a single crash on metroid prime 2. *fingers crossed*

Settings please???
Stock settings, I'm just using the new dev builds pretty much everytime a new one comes out hoping that the map gets faster. So far nothing yet, but zero crashes. I already have the dark suit ohhhhhhh!!!
Have you tried the over/underlock feature in Dolphin?
(01-26-2015, 04:51 AM)Rageypoo Wrote: [ -> ]Stock settings, I'm just using the new dev builds pretty much everytime a new one comes out hoping that the map gets faster. So far nothing yet, but zero crashes. I already have the dark suit ohhhhhhh!!!

Hmm, OK.

But why is it so important that the map gets faster? I rather take a crash free game before a faster map.
I can't even get in-game on Prime 2 anymore even when using latest revisions because of the GFX FIFO crashes.

You say you use stock settings, care to elaborate?

Playing games in Dolphin isn't exactly rocket science but Prime 2 should work because it works for me on 4.0.2
Prime 2 is working fine here.