Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: dolphin can't use my nvidia geforce 840M
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

max23483

Hi,

if i select in the graphic settings openGL as Backend, i can choose between nvidia geforce 840m and the intel hd graphics family, but if i choose my nvidia card, dolphin uses the intel hd graphics family. If i choose Direct3d9 as Backend, i can only choose the intel hd graphics. And if i choose Direct3d11 as backend, i can only choose my nvidia card, but the emulation dont start.

i want to use my nvidia card for better emulation. how can i do that?
Don't ever select the nvidia GPU, use the intel and it will auto switch to the nvidia. Also make sure to update to the latest version:

https://dolphin-emu.org/download/
Keep it on Intel, and then through the Nvidia control panel, set up a profile for Dolphin to use the high performance Nvidia card
I always get stumped on these issues,  mostly because my ASUS ROG is somehow immune.  I see only the nvidia card,  and every works as intended with GFX swapping.  But everyone I know has swapping issues and detection issues,  which confuses me.  I must be quite lucky.
No, mine works fine too. It does for a majority of the users, but all you see here are people that do have issues Tongue