Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 4 core cpu and dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With dolphin only utilizing 3 cores at one time that leaves 1 core open to run background tasks.

Is there any way to limit all other tasks besides dolphin to 1 core and lock dolphin into the only thing using the other 3 cores?

While i do watch movies and tv shows on my computer at the same time as dolphin, dolphin can stutter a bit while playing in kodi, changing the priority in task manager does alleviate any potential slowdown for dolphin but was wondering if there was a more efficient way to handle the issue other than that?

i dont mind the slight stutter if thats all my build will handle.
Unless you have LLE on separate thread turned on, Dolphin will only use 2 cores. The Operating System is what handles core switching and association to programs, so when Dolphin uses up the 2/3 cores, it will automatically push everything else to the other core.

Does this happen even in the latest dev build: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/ (4.0-5163 as of writing)
KHg8m3r, is LLE on seperate thread still available? In all of the dev builds I have downloaded, it isn't an option I can find anywhere.
Am I looking in the wrong spot? Its not under the audio options like I have seen in older builds.

DSPThread = True is the ini command, does it still work despite a lack of visual option in the gui?

Also, if the things that were visually removed from the gui in recent builds work, (such as lle on seperate thread) does that mean openMP and openCL codes might still work?
I know somewhere it was discussed, but LLE on separate thread has been removed. It caused issues, the speed gain was no longer very significant, and the devs wanted to focus on fixing HLE

It only gets enabled for specific games from what I remember.

Not sure on the other two
Its been mentioned around here but having more than two cores helps as OS tasks are handled by the free cores freeing up processing for Dolphin.
Quote:While i do watch movies and tv shows on my computer at the same time as dolphin

do you watch both windows at once?