Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: PLEASE HELP ME WITH DOLPHIN EMULATOR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you you are reading this, I really need your help I have a gaming laptop which is a Leonvo Y50 and I can't run Super Mario Galaxy 2 on Dolphin smoothly with good 60 FPS or higher.
Sometimes, on certain parts in the game, on certain areas a get a good 40-60 FPS. But some areas and parts of the game Frame Rates just drops tremendously usually the game plays at 30-10 on certain parts of the game. Most times I get good frame rates probably because i'm just at the beginning of the game and not that much stuff is at the screen. I know that it is not my laptop that is the problem because I know it can run it and it is new I just got this last week on a Tuesday.

Specs:

Processor: 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4710HQ Processor (2.50GHz 1600MHz 6MB)

Operating system: Windows 8.1 64

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M 2GB

Memory: 8.0GB PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600 MHz

Hard Drive: Hybrid 1TB 5400 RPM+8GB SSHD

Optical Drive: EXTERNAL DVD-RW

Network Card: IntelĀ® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160

I also have Bluetooth.

If you have any help or suggestions please reply to this thread I really need your help.

EDIT: I won't use Razor game booster because I think that it just makes the game even worse when I start the game without it, I get good 60 FPS or 40 FPS. But when I use it, I get 30 FPS. If you know/use any game boosters please tell or give me a link.
Check the temperatures, are you using the latest build? Have you got your power settings on "Maximum performance"?
You posted in support, closing this thread.