Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How good is my PC for Dolphin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have my specs and version running in my profile, but does anyone know how well it would run and what settings would be best for it? I'm struggling trying to optimise for it best in the settings (my monitor is 1080p). I'm nott oo fused about jaggies, so I don't mind low anti-ailasing. However a higher resolution would be nice.

Thanks very much for any answers in advance!

EDIT: My specs are also here.

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64 bit
Processor/CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-4150 Processor (3.5 GHz, 3 MB cache)
Video Card/GPU: AMD Radeon R7 (2 GB GDDR5)
Memory/RAM: 8 GB DDR3
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 4.0-5152-x64
Which specific GPU model number do you have? That will determine how fancy you can get your graphics.

The i3 will definitely run Dolphin really well (The only game you might have trouble with is The Last Story because it needs an overclocked G3258/i5-4690K/i7-4790K to run the last time I checked)

Grab the latest dev build and you shouldn't have any issues: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

Also, what games do you plan on playing?
Well, many of the gamecube Mario Parties, with 5 in particular as that has regular slowdown. However Xenoblade Chronicles runs fine, but it's just overall optimisation I wanted. However the two Mario Galaxies and Metroid Prime Triology are the main games I wanted to run well. Luckily I'm not too fussed about the Last Story though.

Also my graphics card is the AMD R7 260X.
Like I said, grab the latest dev build, as you're kinda far behind and there are some good speedups recently.

Metroid may have some slight slowdowns.

Mario Galaxy should be fine.

What IR/AA/AF do you have set?
(01-20-2015, 04:54 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Like I said, grab the latest dev build, as you're kinda far behind and there are some good speedups recently.

Metroid may have some slight slowdowns.

Mario Galaxy should be fine.

What IR/AA/AF do you have set?

Okie doke, just upgraded now. Thanks for the support! I really appreciate it.

What is IR, AA and AF? If AA is anti-ailsaing I use two samples at quality level 4.
IR = Internal Resolution, AA = Anti-Aliasing, AF = Anisotropic Filtering

You can increase the IR to like 2-3x and still get fullspeed in most of those games I think
Oh I understand, my IR was set to windows size, but I changed it to x3 to see if that's any better. My Af was just 1x, as I wasn't entirely sure about it and didn't visably notice any changes it made (pretty sure I was looking at something wrong though).
At higher IRs, AF doesn't do anything and just wastes resources from what kirbypuff and I have seen.
AF is to make distant objects less blured look here https://www.google.com.br/url?sa=i&rct=j...3341273209
Metroid Prime 1 and 2 should work great for you but you might have issues with 3. 1 and 2 work really well for me, your CPU is pretty much on par with mine when it comes to Dolphin(a trivial amount better actually) and since your GPU is much better than mine I can't see you having any problems with those 2. You'll probably have to play 3 on a lower resolution than 1 and 2 to get full speed, but this is just me making an educated guess.
Pages: 1 2