Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin crashes on game load (Linux w/ Catalyst)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First off, I want to start off with the only reason I am using Catalyst instead of Mesa. The Mesa drivers crash X whenever I try to use it, and fglrx does not. I am fully aware that Catalyst is terrible.

Specs:
AMD 7870
Arch Linux
8GB RAM
Xfce (Don't know why this would matter, but posting it here anyway)
Catalyst 14.12 Omega

Dolphin version = Built from git 4.0-5016 (building a new version right now)

Problem: Whenever I try to load any game, it shows a grey screen for a few seconds, then Dolphin closes completely. I have not had this issue with the iGPU + Mesa, or in Windows with Catalyst. I have also attempted to clear out the Dolphin settings completely, but that did not work either.
I'm running 4.0-5110 on the pc in my living room, which is running xubuntu and using the 14.12 driver, and I've not had this problem. The new build will probably solve the issue.
(01-19-2015, 02:35 PM)lok1 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm running 4.0-5110 on the pc in my living room, which is running xubuntu and using the 14.12 driver, and I've not had this problem. The new build will probably solve the issue.

Just built it. Now getting tons of errors. This is the first one when trying to load WarioWare: Smooth Moves: 
Code:
Jump target too far away, needs force5Bytes = true

Then, a lot of these:
WriteRest: op out of range (0x4351a10a uses 0x7f8a120c1200)
Hex values change every time I hit yes, and when I either spam yes until the messages stop appearing, or hit no once, Dolphin quits.
I'm not sure about that error. Have you tried other games? What version did you use? There are some issues in the latest builds that might be related that should be fixed in 4.0-5152.
(01-20-2015, 04:18 AM)lok1 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure about that error. Have you tried other games? What version did you use? There are some issues in the latest builds that might be related that should be fixed in 4.0-5152.

I've also tried Melee and Mega Man 9. Running 4.0-5016 now.