Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin 4.0-5118 OpenGL with GeForce GTX 970
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

aregowe

Hello,

Recently built a new PC and have loaded Dolphin onto it.

Booted up Xenoblade Chronicles, and was met with the attached image on load pages.

Any idea as to what's up with that?

Using latest NVIDIA Drivers, 347.09 and have the latest drivers for everything on the machine.

Specs are:
  • Rosewill THOR V2 Case
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW Edition
  • Thermaltake NiC C5 CPU Cooler
  • Rosewill SSD/HDD Mountaing Kit with 60mm Fan
  • CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB RAM
  • CORSAIR HX850i 850W Power Supply
  • Intel i7-4790k
  • MSI Z97-Gaming 7 Motherboard
  • Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD
  • Western Digital Blue 1TB Drive x 3
  • Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Dolphin Settings:
  • Backend: OpenGL
  • Fullscreen Resolution: 1920x1080
  • Internal Resolution: 4x Native (2560x2112)
  • Anti-Aliasing: None
  • Anisotropic Filtering: 16x
  • Post-Processing: Off
  • EFB Copies: RAM Checked, Enable Cache Checked
  • Texture Cache: All the way to Fast
  • Enable Dual Core: Checked
  • Enable Idle Skipping: Checked
  • DSP HLE emulation (fast): Checked
  • Enable Block Merging: Checked
  • Speed up Disc transfer rate: Checked

Thank you.
I would try seeing if the problem still occurs at 1X native resolution and no anisotropic filtering. Also if your fullscreen resolution is only 1080p, you won't see any benefit from going higher than 3X IR. There's also no need for EFB2RAM for this game, you should uncheck Enable Cache and set it back to texture; if a game needs RAM, it will be set for you in the .ini. Do all of those things, and see if it works.
At 1080p, you'll probably be able to see a difference between 10 and 12 x IR if you're not using Anti Aliasing. That's a smaller difference than 3 vs 4.

There's no way the OP's GPU limited - the issue is that high IRs with EFB -> RAM under OpenGL are slow. For EFB->RAM games, D3D is a necessity.
I didn't mean he should do it because of performance issues, I was just trying to help determine the cause of the oddly blocky textures. It works fine for me, and I also have a (albeit different) Nvidia GPU and the same driver version, so I thought it was likely something in his settings was off, although admittedly I don't know much about what issues could lie in different GPUs.