Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Metroid Prime Triology.. playable or buy the Wii U re-release?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, with the metroid prime trilogy coming out on wii U, i wanted to know if its perfectly enough emulated on Dolphin or not? 

I'm tempted to buy the trilogy since first week its half price but of course a part of me thinks whats the point when you have 1080p dolphin beauty. I don't have time to start playing the games ATM for myself as I'm finishing persona 3. Not sure if the wiki is outdated or not. Any input please? 
It plays pretty well for me, but the Wii U one will likely have other enhancements that make it worth trying as well.
It's not a port, it's the exact same game just as a digital download.
Oh, I didn't bother looking it up because it sounded like a rerelease. Whatever then; I prefer Dolphin anyway.
aaronao Wrote:Not sure if the wiki is outdated or not.

It is kept up to date pretty well. There are definitely some issues with Trilogy, and it's very demanding. So I guess it's up to what you want? HD versus immediately easy to play.
Support the developers if the option exists
Well at half price it's around $10 I think, so pretty cheap to just try it, it's the kind of game I personaly wouldn't mind having an extra copy of. (if you can spare ~6-7GB of HDD space). It runs pretty much perfectly on Dolphin last I checked though, as long as you have a strong enough PC. Had a crash a long time ago on an earlier version, it's hard to say if it never happens today.
It's a bit hard to recommend Dolphin when the OP clearly doesn't own the game (if he did he wouldn't be asking if he should buy it).