Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: All i get is a yellow screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i tried to run a gamecube game and it gave me the seemingly common warning about needing 1 gb of contiguous memory and recommending that i turn off my antivirus and then suggesting i try the 64 bit build (if i can)

after that when i try to run gamecube games with any settings all i get is a yellow screen and then when the usual yellow text leaves the screen it goes to a cyan screen. no audio either.

i've tried paper mario ttyd and fire emblem path of radiance and both give me the same exact results, 1 warning, then yellow and cyan screens

specs :

intel pentuim 4 cpu 3.00 (2 cpus)
32 bit windows xp
core speed is 2992.5 mhz
1gb ram
ati mobility radeon 9700 agp graphics card which is updated along with my directx (direct x 9.0c)

im running the 4098 x86 build of dolphin.

i've tried unplugging and shutting down every other program but still no dice, and if it's any help i can run n64 games perfect,
your gfx card supports ogl 2.0, dolphin needs 2.1
is there a version of dolphin that doesn't need 2.1?

if not, how hard or expensive would it be to replace it?
er, 2.0 is good enough for dolphin i belive daco said somewhere... and that error is not linked to opengl problems.
Uuuuhm..... Direct3D plugin... :p
(08-31-2009, 04:14 AM)THELUKESTIR Wrote: [ -> ]er, 2.0 is good enough for dolphin i belive daco said somewhere... and that error is not linked to opengl problems.

then wut is it linked to >__>
(08-31-2009, 04:14 AM)THELUKESTIR Wrote: [ -> ]er, 2.0 is good enough for dolphin i belive daco said somewhere... and that error is not linked to opengl problems.

this is from the official requirements page by omegadox...

Quote:Graphics: Any graphics card that supports Direct3D 9 or OpenGL 2.1.

i rest my case Smile

try the old dx9 plugin and an older version of dolphin
um any ideas on what build i should try? or where i can find that plugin?
35xx versions? o.O