Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii Channel] Wii U Transfer Tool
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wiki Page - Wii U Transfer Tool - [edit]

I got bored and decided to see how this worked as of 5.0-6203 (latest version I have downloaded) and it now crashes nearly instantly after starting with a generic "An error has occurred" message.

Hendo16

Well i'm trying to get my Nand backup to work on the Wii U. My Wii is bricked so my only hope really is this tool. I tried 5.0-2874, dumped the private folder from the Wii U's prepared SD card to the internal .RAW one dolphin uses and got it to copy the data to the Wii System Memory but it crashes when it tries to read it, giving error code 382012.
(05-20-2018, 10:18 PM)Hendo16 Wrote: [ -> ]Well i'm trying to get my Nand backup to work on the Wii U. My Wii is bricked so my only hope really is this tool. I tried 5.0-2874, dumped the private folder from the Wii U's prepared SD card to the internal .RAW one dolphin uses and got it to copy the data to the Wii System Memory but it crashes when it tries to read it, giving error code 382012.

Try the latest dev version of Dolphin, which you can find at the top of the download page. it contains about 5000 fixes compared to the version you are using and a lot of those fixes are about how it handles NAND backups.

Also:
Network Certificates Required
Wii U Transfer Tool has functionalities that requires proper network certificates extracted from an IOS to work. Refer to the network guide for more information.

Have you extracted YOUR network certificates from YOUR NAND (not a pregenerated one but one that really comes off of your own Wii?)

imora7024

I Got The Transfer Working On Dolphin! 

(Real Wii NAND Backup Needed)
(Wii U Needed For the Wii System Transfer App)

So I Used a Real Wii U And A SD For the start of the transfer 
setup the transfer as you normaly would
then extract the SD from your wii u and put it on your PC 
put the "private" Folder on the sd.raw from your real SD using [color=#222222]ImDisk Virtual Disk[/color]
And Click "Insert SD Card"
And Start The app and click all confirmations

And It Works!

Version Used:5.0-11496

[Image: unknown.png]
i cant get it to work it just says that it cant find anything to transfer even though i have a page full of saves... does anybody know why?

EDIT: my guess is that it won’t transfer channels because it thinks they were pre installed, not sure about saves.