Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Graphical Glitches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

egghead1e3

I really like Dolphin but I am having graphical glitches with Twilight Princess and The Last Story.
It seems to be due to something after r1776.  The glitches don't occur too often in that release. The glitches seem to only occur in D3D. Everything looks okay in OpenGL (but takes a performance hit).

The glitch is as follows:
Twilight Princess: The eyes of Link (in wolf form, haven't had a chance to look at him in human form) and zelda disappear in very short flashes.  
The Last Story: Everything turns green and/or become many shades darker
I ran the last story in r1776. The screen occasionally flashes dark, but quickly becomes normal.

I've been playing Xenoblade Chronicles and just started The Last Story so I have no idea which revision these glitches started.  Xenoblade runs fine with D3D.

Thanks,
Egghead1e3

PS: I am using a laptop with optimus, so I am not using the integrated graphics card despite what the appears on the
settings screen shot.
PPS: I am using r5110
I'm not so sure about your current settings for the adapter, it looks to me like it's the sort of one that doesn't support the latest OpenGL functions.

Try changing to your Nvidia card, rather than "Intel HD Graphics 4600" in Adapter settings. They're usually the ones that can work properly. Also, I'd use EFB copy to RAM rather than EFB copy to Texture.
r1776 is like a decade old or something, and couldn't really run anything. Grab the latest dev instead (4.0-5112 as of an hour ago).
(01-18-2015, 12:39 PM)Platinum Lucario Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not so sure about your current settings for the adapter, it looks to me like it's the sort of one that doesn't support the latest OpenGL functions.

Try changing to your Nvidia card, rather than "Intel HD Graphics 4600" in Adapter settings. They're usually the ones that can work properly. Also, I'd use EFB copy to RAM rather than EFB copy to Texture.

NO! Do not change adapters from within Dolphin. Right click on Dolphin.exe, and when you mouse over "Run with graphics processor", what does it show as the default? If it shows Nvidia, you're fine. If it says Intel, then you are running on Intel and need to click on "Change Default graphics processor" to change it in Nvidia Control Panel.

Either way, go to Nvidia control panel, and make sure that the Dolphin profile is set to use Maximum performance under Power management mode. Make sure that Windows Power options are also set to high performance also, and that you're playing with your laptop plugged in.

I have the same specs as you, and at least with TP, I don't have these issues (never played Last Story). Also, what Nvidia driver are you running?

(01-18-2015, 12:42 PM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]r1776 is like a decade old or something, and couldn't really run anything. Grab the latest dev instead (4.0-5112 as of an hour ago).

I think OP is just using the old naming scheme without realizing it, as the screenshots show the latest dev build info.