Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Audio Dump Desync
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just recorded a movie of Mario Galaxy, but my audio dump seems to desync from the frame dump. I don't mean having extra silence at the beginning, either; I manually edited that out, but the audio started getting behind the video. I didn't change any settings outside of using fake-completion prior to recording; is this common/how do I fix it?
Depends on what format you dumped the video to in my experience. Doing lossless seems to prevent audio desyncs for me?
I dump using x264vfw so that my movies don't split. I do use single-pass lossless compression on the video, but because I output to a file, it isn't the framedump.avi that contains the video, it's whatever file I tell it to output. So in the end I have a framedump.avi file that's only a few KB large, and whatever multi-GB file I told x264vfw to output. Should I try a different video compressor? I would use uncompressed, but I hate my video being split into parts every whatever amount of GB (why isn't there an option for that in Dolphin?).
Yeah, using x264vfw is the the exact one that causes my audio desyncs.
Duplicate frames (used to keep the audio and video in sync when video frames aren't being produced at a constant rate) aren't handled by the compressor, they're handled by the muxer/output stage. So if you're relying on the compressor(codec) to produce an external output file it's not going to have the right amount of frames and/or be in sync with the audio.
I'm not sure what you mean by "why isn't there an option for that in Dolphin" but the AVIFile functions provided by Windows don't work properly when writing beyond 2GB so they have to be split before reaching that size.
Oh, OK. Thanks for the explanation. So is there anyway to have only one video file AND properly synced audio, or do I need to just export uncompressed and deal with it?
I'm not 100% sure. FogTAS is working on this again, so hopefully it will be soon if it isn't yet.
FRAPS has an option to let you write AVI files larger than 4GB, rather than splitting them.
But FRAPS won't dump fullspeed video if the game's not running at full speed.
Right, FRAPS isn't frame dumping, it's screen recording. I can't run some games at 3X IR in the first place, so I definitely couldn't with FRAPS. That's why I'm grateful for frame dumping; I would just like it to be a bit more convenient.
Pages: 1 2