Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: State of OpenAL?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm glad to see the matrix encoding is a known issue. By the way, I'm don't want to sound like I'm complaining as nobody owes me anything here. I was just trying to share what I knew about the issue.

Is the DPLII decoding feature meant to work with HLE as well?
In my tests, that combination did not work at all, not just incorrectly mixed.
As skidau pointed out earlier, DSP HLE currently lacks a DPL2 encoder, so, it wouldn't work in DSP HLE unless the game uses pre-encoded DPL2 audio files...
Hey buddy, I use analog because it has no overhead compared to encoding a DTS/Dolby signal through SPDIF. Also, it just works all the time in everything. I don't need to worry about doing anything special with my games. Every PC game I've ever played just knows my sound setup is 5.1 through analog and sends everything through the proper channels. It's really nice and easy, with no overhead. That's why I'd want Dolphin to just split the DPLII signal within the emulator and send everything through the proper channels to my speakers as analog signal. Basically, decode within the emulator and send it out that way. I don't think such a thing would be possible outside of emulation.
Pages: 1 2 3