Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Star Fox Adventures AUDIO problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I noticed that Star Fox adventures audio is now having tracks in the BGM cut out entirely... 5095 works as expected but 5097 and on does not... Here is a link to my drop-box where there is 2 MP3 files demonstrating the exact problems...

I've been playing Star Fox Adventure since the whole over/under clock thing was merged as it finally makes this game almost 100% speed and in my mind playable for me on my crappy computer Smile ... 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wv9688ezb67gb...DgQBa?dl=0
I think you may need to do some more testing; it's just a font change in that build.
(01-17-2015, 09:51 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I think you may need to do some more testing; it's just a font change in that build.

I know, I read the commits and am subbed to the GitHUB mailing list so i couldn't think of why this would happen. I tested every revision before and after. I was using 5078 and tested all the way to 5110 and it really is this one revision 5097 where the issue rears its head. I dont have any coding experience so I for one have no idea why this revision would be an issue... Do you have any ideas why this may be? Should I clear all my dolphin folders and try a clean install? Has there been any changes to the way it's compiled that may be a reason? I have no idea, it doesn't seem like a font change would cause an issue.
Are you actually using an underclock setting to make the game run smoothly?
(01-17-2015, 10:53 PM)tueidj Wrote: [ -> ]Are you actually using an underclock setting to make the game run smoothly?

Yup, it really smooths out the whole game, except the cut-scenes Tongue ... Im using a core2Quad Q9300, Stock clock is 2.4 but I won the silicon lottery and have it clocked at 3.51, it never cracks 50C and I can even make it faster if my Mobo/RAM could handle it. What I did is found a spot where the game ran really bad, the easiest place was by the door behind the earth-walker queen, I then did extensive experimenting with stock and the over/under clocked settings to see what would get be better results, it any. Seems that 70%ish is the best compromise. higher and the main game, walking around, becomes too sluggish, what I would consider a VERY annoying. Lower and the stutters become more prevalent but mostly works OK till I hit the 50% or lower levels. Then the game just gets crappy. I am lucky to have access to a fully complete US NTSC GameCube game collection, I owned a retail video game store for years before going to prison and still have my collection. I even have some JAP and PAL exclusives to boot so I have been able to do some extensive testing. Some games like Billy Hatcher work best with the slider as far to the right as I can get it, I don't know why EXACTLY but it seems with some my borderline CPU if I can lower it to a point where the game still runs well it'll free up resources for other emulator tasks and with others it has resources to spare and the overclock just gives me a smoother game. Frankly, I had wanted this feature for years now and am happy someone finally got round to introducing it. In case you were wondering, I have tried both of the revisions that have my audio problem with that feature fully turned off just to make sure and low, it still has the problem.  Undecided
5116 does NOT have the audio problems I was having... up to that they still exist but are now fixed... I have absolutely no idea what the heck could have caused this problem in the first place but I am at least glad it seems to have rectified itself? Either way, keep up the good work and... Pssst...  Dolphin, I love you... *under breath* Don't tell my wife... Big Grin