Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Confused
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ok, I have an issue getting ZTP to run at 30FPS anywhere.

What am I missing

here are my specs.

Dolphin 3.5/4
OS - Win 7 x64
processor - i7 - 2600 sandy bridge
GPU - Nvidia GTX 750TI
Ram - 32gb DDR4

I have set all of the recomended settings
D3d9
default size, no AA, 1x AF, Scaled EFB
Disabled fog, EFB to Ram so minimap works.
Sound HLE, Texture fast

I have tried both GC and Wii versions, on dolphin oficial releases 3.5 and 4
I have also tried OpenGL, maybe 1 FPS better with OpenGL

I know that people are getting consistent 25 - 30 FPS, even with slower hardware than mine.
I get 8 - 11 in most forest temple, 15 to 22 in orden village and faron woods. And that is all I tested on the game thus far, Didn't even get to hyrule field yet.
Also strangely on the game cube version I am getting wild fluctuations between 130% and 300% speed, and in some areas 65% - 75%, my VPS is around 100 to 120 VPS
yet my FPS only goes in the ranges I said. Ocasionally I get 30FPS but it is rare, basically loading screen and links room, on loading screen I get 30000%
On the wii version it is much more stable but consistently slow between 57 to 75%.

What am I missing.\

Any help appreciated.
Your dolphin revisions are extremely outdated. Use the latest development build with the ZTP patch and you should have no problems.
is 4.02 not the latest?
No it's not. Go here -> https://dolphin-emu.org/downloads

Use development builds and you should have better speed.
(01-12-2015, 07:00 AM)csharporbflat Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I have an issue getting ZTP to run at 30FPS anywhere.

What am I missing

here are my specs.

Dolphin 3.5/4
OS - Win 7 x64
processor - i7 - 2600 sandy bridge
GPU - Nvidia GTX 750TI
Ram - 32gb DDR4

I have set all of the recomended settings
D3d9
default size, no AA, 1x AF, Scaled EFB
Disabled fog, EFB to Ram so minimap works.
Sound HLE, Texture fast

I have tried both GC and Wii versions, on dolphin oficial releases 3.5 and 4
I have also tried OpenGL, maybe 1 FPS better with OpenGL

I know that people are getting consistent 25 - 30 FPS, even with slower hardware than mine.
I get 8 - 11 in most forest temple, 15 to 22 in orden village and faron woods. And that is all I tested on the game thus far, Didn't even get to hyrule field yet.
Also strangely on the game cube version I am getting wild fluctuations between 130% and 300% speed, and in some areas 65% - 75%, my VPS is around 100 to 120 VPS
yet my FPS only goes in the ranges I said. Ocasionally I get 30FPS but it is rare, basically loading screen and links room, on loading screen I get 30000%
On the wii version it is much more stable but consistently slow between 57 to 75%.

What am I missing.\

Any help appreciated.
try use the latest build they are more faster and more options and less bug
DonĀ“t forget to enable the ZTP patch.
thanks for the suggestions.

I have tried a bunch of the lastest dev builds, and have not noticed much of a speed boost, plus to make matters worse now the audio is bad.

Any other suggestions?
There's something wrong here. I've been able to play TP at 30 FPS just fine on 4.0, even when clocked below 3.3GHz (I think I went down as low as 2.0GHz) with drops in selected areas (parts of Faron Woods, Hyrule Field). My i5-2500K will have the same performance in Dolphin as your i7-2600 if I adjust my clock to match yours and use the same build, so something isn't right here.

Out of curiosity, can you run CPU-Z and GPU-Z while playing TP, then take a screenshot for us to see? Ideally, try to capture everything in one screenshot if you can.
I'm starting to think it is something with my system and not the emulator

can you tell me what CPU-Z and GPU-Z are?
Pages: 1 2