Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Custom Textures Won't Work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

bangslash

I've been having a hell of a time trying to get custom textures to work, specifically in Twilight Princes for the Gamecube. I checked the "Load Custom Textures" box, copied the texture folder (the one named with the game ID, in this case GZ2E01) into the "c:\User\<user>\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Load\Textures" so my folder structure is "c:\User\<user>\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Load\Textures\GZ2E01". I have it set for Direct3D, I've played with the EFB Copies settings (trying RAM and Texture), and I've tried all Texture Cache and External Frame Buffer settings with no luck. I'm out of ideas. Anything else I can try?

Operating System: Windows 8.1 x64
Processor/CPU: Intel i7 920 2.67 GHz
Video Card/GPU: Nvidia 970
Memory/RAM: 12GB Corsair
Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 4.0-5024-x64

bangslash

(01-12-2015, 08:26 AM)Dan_Tsukasa Wrote: [ -> ]Did you tick Load Custom textures in the hacks tab?

Sounds like a stupid question but a lot of people overlook that, and thats the most importing thing.

If thats done, can you confirm that your game ID is the same as the game ID of the files? (They need to match perfectly).

Do you mean the "Load Custom Textures" in the Advanced tab? Yeah, that is checked. I also checked the properties on the game for the ID and the folder/files for the textures and they are both the same. This is a puzzler.

bangslash

(01-12-2015, 09:08 PM)Dan_Tsukasa Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-12-2015, 08:44 AM)bangslash Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-12-2015, 08:26 AM)Dan_Tsukasa Wrote: [ -> ]Did you tick Load Custom textures in the hacks tab?

Sounds like a stupid question but a lot of people overlook that, and thats the most importing thing.

If thats done, can you confirm that your game ID is the same as the game ID of the files? (They need to match perfectly).

Do you mean the "Load Custom Textures" in the Advanced tab? Yeah, that is checked. I also checked the properties on the game for the ID and the folder/files for the textures and they are both the same. This is a puzzler.

Yeah thats what I meant.

Try doing a dump of the textures quickly whilst you play, and see if the filenames match up correctly, if you can find the exact same texture name in both load and dump, then I'm unsure why its not working.

It took me a while to notice, but this only happens with Zelda: TP on the GC. All other games seem to work. It may still be something I am doing wrong, but I'm glad to know I can at least get them working in other games.
TP uses a lot of palleted textures, so it's possible that a future update will make texturing way easier. Keep your eyes open for the merge.