Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Weird CMPR 'stickers' appearing in textures?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Celianna

I was trying out Harvest Moon Tree of Tranquility for the Wii. It works great, but the weird CMPR (or c14x2) letters plastered all over the place is making me think I either did something weird with my Dolphin emulator, or it's just a bug that isn't fixed.

Here are two screenshots:

[Image: treeoftranq.png]
[Image: treeoftranq2.png]

As you can see, I have some weird text almost everywhere on the textures. I can see it above the character's eyes, on the ground, in the shadow of a cloud, in the dust particles when I run etc. It's also there when there's a little animation going on (such as in the textbox, or an exclamation mark above someone's head).

So, is this either a setting that I accidentally checked on, or is this just a bug in the emulator?
Disable 'Overlay texture format' in the OpenGL plugin.

Celianna

(08-30-2009, 09:55 AM)CacoFFF Wrote: [ -> ]Disable 'Overlay texture format' in the OpenGL plugin.

Ah, thank you. I was using the Overlay Texture Format setting to get the text in the textboxes to display on the screen by turning it on and off, I didn't know it would also cause the weird CMPR words on it. I realize I can also make the text appear by using the Use Safe Texture Cache option, so I'll be using that one for now.

Thanks for the quick response.
Is there a way to permanently keep the text in the boxes? i have the Safe Texture on
That option doesn't seem to work anymore in the latest revisions, perhaps you have some older revision. That option was useful to identify the different texture formats being used in the game, like "CMPR" means Compressed Texture (S3TC).
i have Dolphin-r4065 , is this the wrong one?