Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: help pls. how to change projection values to force widescreen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(08-17-2009, 02:20 AM)Ò‰Ò‰Ò‰ Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 208z0w9.png]

summing up how it works in a picture. do the modifications yourself.

(08-28-2009, 03:43 PM)Ò‰Ò‰Ò‰ Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:
g_fProjectionMatrix[0] = xfregs.rawProjection[0] * 0.75f;

refer to this thread for more info... http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-3504.html

as pointed out in that thread and that user's posts...he says to force true widescreen, you gotta change projection values...so, how do i do that? help pls?
If I'm not mistaken, you can simply do this from dolphin's menu.

If you go to configure the GFX setting, you can automatically tell it to render in your resolution, which will force it to be widescreen, or at least thats what I'm thinking. I'm running it at 2048x1152 and it seems to work on both pikmin and ZWW

BTW, thanks devs for making the odd res. Many "properly" developed and published games, even recent ones, omit the res as it is considered "strange."
(08-30-2009, 10:53 AM)PodX140 Wrote: [ -> ]If I'm not mistaken, you can simply do this from dolphin's menu.

If you go to configure the GFX setting, you can automatically tell it to render in your resolution.

go to this thread to see what im talking about:
http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-3504.html

the person in that thread is forcing true widescreen on games that do not support widescreen like zelda, and metroid by changing projection values, i think.
yeah, but see how zelda looks off?

if you simply use the gfx and use your resolution, you shouldnt have that. I dont, thats for sure

HOWEVER, if your resolution isnt listed or worse, your computer cant run at them... then you need to do what that guy is doing.

So, if you have a less than par PC, you may need to use this stretch thing. otherwise, just change the res. it looks better, and is hassle free.
(08-30-2009, 11:10 AM)PodX140 Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, but see how zelda looks off?

if you simply use the gfx and use your resolution, you shouldnt have that. I dont, thats for sure
you may need to use this stretch thing

ah, what are you talking about?

none of the zelda pics look off...

maybe the one on this page, but only because the emulator doesnt really do a good job with the fire effect in that dungeon... but that has nothing to do wit what i be wanting to do...ah, wait. ok i remember now. yes some of those zelda pics are off, but i dont wanna play zelda, i wanna play metroid, and that guy says the widescreen hack works fine for that game.

its not a "stretch thing" ... the camera view is extended so that we see more on the sides as that is what proper widescreen does.
well, real widescreen does not actually do that... Real widescreen simply makes the image not stretched, and uses the additional pixels for more detail. If you had a 600x800 screen on dolphin and 2048x1152 screen, the same things will be on the screen at all times. Sure, it will look like crap, but it will still be the same field of view.

I dont think that is the purpose of this hack, I think it is just a way for those with really strange resolutions and qaspect ratios to use widescreen/what ever aspect ratio they want. So far as I can tell, nothing can be done to increase the field of view.
(08-30-2009, 11:44 AM)PodX140 Wrote: [ -> ]So far as I can tell, nothing can be done to increase the field of view.

thats exactly what this hack does... it increases the fov.
yes it increases the field of vision and doesnt stretch the image
so... no one wants to tell me? is it not as easy as changing some numbers somewhere?
no one knows?
Pages: 1 2