Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Stuttering and Lagging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

mariogalaxyfan

Hey everyone,

I recently installed Dolphin a good two weeks ago, and have been trying to get the emulator to work properly. However, the emulator lags terribly, especially with Shadow the Hedgehog and Super Mario Galaxy. I've tried to mess around with different options like the sound, graphics, and whatnot, but the games still lag. Sometimes they stop lagging, but then they just run really slow and start to stutter as well, here are my specs:

Computer: Dell Precision M4400
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.40GHz
Video Card: Nvidia Quadro FX 770M
Ram: 4GB

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Your CPU is pretty slow
That and your video card is very slightly more powerful than Intel HD 3000.

That laptop is just not powerful enough to run Dolphin very well unfortunately.
As far as I know Nvidia Quadro is for video editing not for gaming. And SMG is a demanding game too.
Yeah, they're workstation graphics cards.
(01-10-2015, 10:37 AM)mariogalaxyfan Wrote: [ -> ]Hey everyone,

I recently installed Dolphin a good two weeks ago, and have been trying to get the emulator to work properly. However, the emulator lags terribly, especially with Shadow the Hedgehog and Super Mario Galaxy. I've tried to mess around with different options like the sound, graphics, and whatnot, but the games still lag. Sometimes they stop lagging, but then they just run really slow and start to stutter as well, here are my specs:

Computer: Dell Precision M4400
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.40GHz
Video Card: Nvidia Quadro FX 770M
Ram: 4GB

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Your Processor is 7 to 9 years old and nvidia quadro dont is a gaming video card
A Core 2 duo is a very weak processor for emulate a wii
AND SERIOUS SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG AND MARIO GALAXY ARE 2 VERY DEMANDING GAMES

HOW YOU THINK YOUR COMPUTER WAS ABLE TO EMULATE A NINTENDO WII?
(01-11-2015, 03:11 PM)daniellegal Wrote: [ -> ]Your Processor is 7 to 9 years old and nvidia quadro dont is a gaming video card
A Core 2 duo is a very weak processor for emulate a wii
AND SERIOUS SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG AND MARIO GALAXY ARE 2 VERY DEMANDING GAMES

HOW YOU THINK YOUR COMPUTER WAS ABLE TO EMULATE A NINTENDO WII?

Yours is 6 and a half years old...lol

I don't think a member with 4 posts should be acting condescending to another new member that had an honest question...
Although he went about it the wrong way, daniellegal is correct. The Intel Core 2 Duo 2.40GHz is very old and not fast enough.
It can handle lightweight games. No way for Super Mario Galaxy (and probably Shadow the Hedgehog too)...