Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: USB Loader GX 3.0 Menu on Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Eckster

Just a quick question, is there any way to load homebrew apps on Dolphin? More specifically, I'd love to be able to have the system menu identical to the one I have on my Wii, USB Loader GX 3.0, since it even has the custom menus for Gamecube games, and is built with multiple games in mind, something that the original System Menu isn't meant to handle.

So yeah, is it possible to use USB Loader GX in Dolphin, or perhaps the better question, since I think the actual USB Loader GX would break in a non-original-hardware environment, will Dolphin be implementing a similar menu system in the future? I'd love to have all my games listed and selectable using the Wiimote, including the Gamecube ones.
Running homebrew is easy. You can press the Open button and select a .dol or .elf file, or you can just drag a file into the Dolphin window. However, you won't be able to use USB Loader GX. Dolphin can only run its own internal IOS-like software, so installing cIOS or any other IOS version is impossible. Like you mentioned, having such a GUI in Dolphin itself instead is a possibility. I think it's in the "it would be cool to have at some point in the future" territory, so it probably isn't something that will be done soon, but there is some interest in it.