Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Intel HD 3000
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

alkanet

Hi,

I'm trying to play a couple of Wii games for my children (Just Dance 3 & Donkey Kong Country returns)
but I'm having problems with the sound and image.

when my son is playing DK all works fine, while I reach 60 fps but that is just for a few moments, the normal rate
is 25 or 30 fps, and when the rate goes down the sound is really annoying (no problems with the image). I don't know how to explain it.

when my daughter is playing just dance 3, it happens something similar but the image sometime stops. The sound constantly stops

Things I've already tried:
- Dolphin versions 3.5 x64 & 4.0-4869 x64
- Drivers update

These are my laptop specs

Processor: Intel i5-2450M, CPU 2.50 GHz (2 cores)
RAM: 8GB
Graphics Card: Intel HD 3000

My question is:
Is there anything I can do to run smoothly these games on dolphin or my graphics card is definitly rubbish?

Any help is much apreciated

Kind Regards

alkanet

Hi,

I'm trying to play a couple of Wii games for my children (Just Dance 3 & Donkey Kong Country returns)

when my son is playing DK all works fine, while I reach 60 fps but that is just for a few moments, the normal rate
is 25 or 30 fps, and when the rate goes down the sound is really annoying (no problems with the image). I don't know how to explain it.

when my daughter is playing just dance 3, it happens something similar but the image sometime stops. The sound constantly stops

- Drivers update

My question is:
Is there anything I can do to run smoothly these games on dolphin or my graphics card is definitly rubbish?

Kind Regards
(01-05-2015, 08:18 AM)alkanet Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

- Drivers update

My question is:

Kind Regards
While your cpu is not that bad, the integrated intel gpu is, so i would use low Internal resolution, 1x or 2x ir top. DKCR is a demanding game, if the latest dolphin version with low graphic settings can't run it decently nothing will.

alkanet

(01-05-2015, 08:32 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]

- Drivers update

My question is:

Kind Regards
While your cpu is not that bad, the integrated intel gpu is, so i would use low Internal resolution, 1x or 2x ir top. DKCR is a demanding game, if the latest dolphin version with low graphic settings can't run it decently nothing will.
Thanks for your reply.
Could you tell me how to set up low graphic settings?

Kind Regards
(01-05-2015, 10:59 PM)alkanet Wrote: [ -> ]

- Drivers update

My question is:

Kind Regards
Thanks for your reply.

Kind Regards

Set internal resolution to 1x, efb to texture, no antialiasing, disable xfb, no anisotropic filtering, pretty much the defaults. If those settings with latest development version don't run the game decently then your pc can't handle it (the latest dev is the fastest dolphin revision you can find).

alkanet

(01-06-2015, 01:21 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]

- Drivers update

My question is:

Kind Regards
Thanks for your reply.

Kind Regards

Set internal resolution to 1x, efb to texture, no antialiasing, disable xfb, no anisotropic filtering, pretty much the defaults. If those settings with latest development version don't run the game decently then your pc can't handle it (the latest dev is the fastest dolphin revision you can find).

I've tried the config you said, however the problems I had are still the same.
Thanks anyway
(01-06-2015, 08:15 AM)alkanet Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-06-2015, 01:21 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]

- Drivers update

My question is:

Kind Regards
Thanks for your reply.

Kind Regards

I've tried the config you said, however the problems I had are still the same.
Thanks anyway
That sounds like it's overheating. Download Coretemp and check that.
Is the power profile of the laptop set to High Performance? Could help a bit

Control Panel > Power Options (may have to switch from View by: Category to View by: Large Icons on the upper-right part of the window) > Click that "Show Additional Plans" button > High Performance