Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can This PC Play All Dolphin Emu Games Flawlessly?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

cloudsan

Hi

I am planning to build a HTPC and want to be able to play Dolphin Emu games, will this works flawlessly?

Thanks.
No PC can play all Wii/GC games . Some games are unplayable / not bootable at all
That PC can run the most demanding game full speed at very high resolution
I'm gonna add that you really don't need 2 tubes of thermal compound, maybe one if the cooler doesn't come with one, but 2 is quite a lot considering you don't put much on the CPU to begin with (or, you shouldn't :p )
Well for one, that's not an HTPC, that's a beastly gaming rig Tongue

As said before, there are some games that just don't work. Aside from those, you will be able to play anything else at full speed with a high IR.

And to reiterate the previous comment, there's no reason to buy 2 tubes of thermal compound unless you just want to have a spare sitting around and plan on reapplying thermal paste down the line.
(01-07-2015, 03:51 AM)shreduhsoreus Wrote: [ -> ]Well for one, that's not an HTPC, that's a beastly gaming rig Tongue

As said before, there are some games that just don't work. Aside from those, you will be able to play anything else at full speed with a high IR.

And to reiterate the previous comment, there's no reason to buy 2 tubes of thermal compound unless you just want to have a spare sitting around and plan on reapplying thermal paste down the line.

Who said an HTPC has to be weak? =D

That's similar specs to what I spent when I put together my HTPC.
(01-07-2015, 03:50 PM)tential Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-07-2015, 03:51 AM)shreduhsoreus Wrote: [ -> ]Well for one, that's not an HTPC, that's a beastly gaming rig Tongue

Who said an HTPC has to be weak? =D

That's similar specs to what I spent when I put together my HTPC.

Agreed, my next HTPC needs to meet two demands, dolphin emulation, and Steam Machine capability. Which means it'll cost me an arm and a leg... anyone looking for extra limbs?

cloudsan

LOL, thanks for the reply. I accidentally input 2 thermal paste.

I am planning to use it as my emulator playground for ps, nintendo and xbox, mostly games for my children (can you imagine if buying 3 consoles, put them together and how the tv desk look like). Smile
I wouldn't hold out much hope for XBox emulation, as none of the emulators are terribly good when compared to Dolphin or Higan, for example. Basically, the XBox is really weird in a few important places, and due to the fact that most of its games had PC ports, there hasn't been a huge surge of talent pointed at it to try and figure out solutions. You're better running the PC ports of the games you want.
(01-07-2015, 03:50 PM)tential Wrote: [ -> ]Who said an HTPC has to be weak? =D

Touché Tongue