Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Compatibility Issue??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

HyperLink014

Hello, I am new here.
My System Specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel® Core™ i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz

Intel HD Graphics 4000 (HP)
2048MB ATI Radeon HD 7670M (HP) v.8.933.3.3000
HP never provides graphics card driver updates.

6.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28) RAM

698GB Hitachi HTS547575A9E384 (SATA) Storage

Two years ago, I started using the dolphin emulator (v.3.5-367 at the time). Zelda: Twilight Princess gave me near 30 fps at 800x600 (except in Hyrule Field but I know that's a common problem). Wind Waker ran perfectly. Even Metroid Prime was fairly smooth. The problem is I had given my Laptop to an authorized HP service center for Hard Drive replacement. I know they had to a full Windows install again on the new hard drive and install the drivers etc. Ever since, my games never ran well. Wind Waker runs well but slows down in the Dragon Roost Temple ( it never did before) (I even tried at native resolution with all other enhancements disabled) . Even Naruto Clash of Ninja 2 is slow at native resolution. I have never tried Wii games.

Another source of worry (or not?) for me is that my bench marking utility (MSI Afterburner) tells me that neither of my graphics cards are being used properly (AMD is around 27% and the intel barely gets 1%)

I am currently using Dolphin 4.0 and there is no improvement. Can anyone tell me what the problem could be or what additional information I need to provide? What can I do to get the games running smoothly atleast at native resolution like before?

Thanks in advance.
The one you're using : Dolphin 4.0.2 is outdated and slow , very slow
You should use latest Dev Dolphin (4.0-4918 atm) and follow this guide to max out your laptop performance
(01-05-2015, 01:53 AM)HyperLink014 Wrote: [ -> ]Laptop
Intel HD Graphics 4000 (HP)
2048MB ATI Radeon HD 7670M (HP) v.8.933.3.3000
They never provide graphics card driver updates.

Try to install the latest AMD Catalyst 14.12 Omega driver from the official site:
http://support.amd.com/en-us/
The latest driver installs on laptops as well.

If that doesn't work for you, search for the latest "Laptop drivers by Leshcat" and install those.